Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogmap Interactive Coordinate Map
Hey guys I just whipped this up.

http://ss13map.x10.mx/

It lets you scroll around the map, click any tile and see the coordinates.

I just adapted the code from my previous project for mushroom station: http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/forum/vi...?f=5&t=506

Photo credit to Sundance from this thread: http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/forum/vi...f=5&t=1449

I cropped it to work with my code, but it is still a whopping 8mb to be delivered over free hosting. It should cache upon further visits.

If anyone (specifically developers) has a full res render of the station, I'd love to upload it. Also it has some missing parts.

Tips:
  • You can download the whole website with Save As if you want.
  • It functions the same when you zoom in.
  • Try clicking middle mouse button for easy navigation
  • You can double click the numbers and copy them for easy math
Uggh....can we -not- do this? Telescience is easy to learn, but you have to actually -get- to a place to figure out it's coordinates. With this, you're giving them away to everyone with no effort. Do you -have- to do this?
If it makes it easier to build a zoo on the station then yes, he had to.
Oh dude, that's pretty awesome!
Although, if you are going to edit anything, please give acknowledgement to Ronnyfire and not Readster.
Ronnyfire actually took screenshots of the map, I just fixed it and edited it.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Uggh....can we -not- do this? Telescience is easy to learn, but you have to actually -get- to a place to figure out it's coordinates. With this, you're giving them away to everyone with no effort. Do you -have- to do this?
I think that the main challenge of telesciecne is the formula part. Anyone can walk around the station and write down numbers, this just removes the boring part.

Sundance Wrote:Oh dude, that's pretty awesome!
Although, if you are going to edit anything, please give acknowledgement to Ronnyfire and not Readster.
Fixed
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Uggh....can we -not- do this? Telescience is easy to learn, but you have to actually -get- to a place to figure out it's coordinates. With this, you're giving them away to everyone with no effort. Do you -have- to do this?

Does everyone have a damn map with coordinates on them?

Encouraging TeleSci mayhem is a PLUS PLUS PLUS to me, given that idiots like me have to use an Excel sheet to get proper warps going in the first place.
Honestly, what are you whining about? It's just the station - he didn't even include the other z-levels.
Also, it's an old version of the station, even, so it's probably not even terribly accurate in at least a few places. Get a grip!
Sundance Wrote:Oh dude, that's pretty awesome!
I have no idea why anyone would think I was involved in the mapping but alright. At least it's fixed now.
...Get a grip? I'm saying that it's unfun to just give away half of a job. Christ, didn't realize doing that made me Satan.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:...Get a grip? I'm saying that it's unfun to just give away half of a job. Christ, didn't realize doing that made me Satan.

Well, given that this aspect of the job just requires one round +/- all access and a GPS, after which it is not required for however many rounds until the map changes; does it matter?
You don't see the repercussions of an app like this, do you? With this an AI can grab someone off with telescience without any effort.
I too have a bit of a program i set up to do this same thing, but i keep it to myself.

I figure if someone goes to the effort to set something up like this they understand telesci enough to be super effective with it anyways. But if you just hand this out to the masses we will have everything being stolen every round, people teleporting into the AI core all the time, generally all the things that are the dark side of telesci just get way too easy for those who put no effort into it.

But that is just my opinion, so meh.
Marquesas Wrote:You don't see the repercussions of an app like this, do you? With this an AI can grab someone off with telescience without any effort.

If the AI has normal laws then it's a job ban. If it's rogue then lol, sucks to be you Mr play2winshitlord.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:You don't see the repercussions of an app like this, do you? With this an AI can grab someone off with telescience without any effort.

If the AI has normal laws then it's a job ban. If it's rogue then lol, sucks to be you Mr play2winshitlord.
...Not wanting the AI to be able to easily get away with telescience slaughter makes him a "play2winshitlord"? Seriously, I don't understand you people anymore, what the fuck is this shit?