Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
improve medibots
I tend to box my medbot to the foot of the operating table with glass for this reason, I'd be all for bolting down an autodoc
For healing people at surgery tables it would be way cooler to have some kind of auto injector built into the table, put chems in, it removes bad chems like hypos unless emagged, and auto injects people as they get treated.

More complicated to code I'm sure, but less silly than locking medibots in place so you can dismantle people alive.
Ronnyfire Wrote:For healing people at surgery tables it would be way cooler to have some kind of auto injector built into the table, put chems in, it removes bad chems like hypos unless emagged, and auto injects people as they get treated.

More complicated to code I'm sure, but less silly than locking medibots in place so you can dismantle people alive.

A good idea, although I'm a bit iffy because I would never go under the knife if they could inject sedatives without me realizing or being able to avoid it.

It's not paranoia, they really are out to get me.
Honestly the best thing to do with medbots is remove the internal synthesizer. Add more bottles of medicine in the dispenser to compensate for this. Have the medbot state: I'm all outta juice or something indicating that there's no more medicine in the bottle/beaker.
Sundance Wrote:Honestly the best thing to do with medbots is remove the internal synthesizer. Add more bottles of medicine in the dispenser to compensate for this. Have the medbot state: I'm all outta juice or something indicating that there's no more medicine in the bottle/beaker.
I'd like this, but whenever the medibot runs out of stuff it should return to medbay and enter some sort of machine that automatically fills it with anything the doctors have placed inside the machine.

This way, the process is still semi-automatic without having to micromanage every medibot, but they do have to do SOMETHING.

It'll also make it more difficult for medibots to heal more than one type of injury I'd imagine.