Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
improve medibots
all too often do i see a medibot wandering outside of robotics to heal someone injured much less greviously than the amputees in robotics

so i think the ability to screw them down onto the floor or something with a screwdriver would be a good idea to make them stay still
Why not have programmable thing like guard buddies.

e.g "stay still" Stay in one area, optionally don't venture from that area to heal people, basically only healing people within syringe distance.

"Patrol the station" If the medibuddy comes across an severely injured person, they can stop, heal that person, then resume their route.

"Follow a person" For example a captain might want to have a Medibuddy nearby at all times, normally they would have to pull them to do this.

etc.
The best thing people have done is block a medibot near the robotics table with glass to keep it from moving. Maybe the medical staff can have a PDA cart similar to the one that can summon and put on patrol securibots? HAve the commands that were listed, and that could easily work to peoples advantage! Stay in a spot and command a medibot to "Stay in Spot." Or head to SEC and have it "Patrol Area." kinda deals.
Sounds good, I'd like the medbots patrolling the station looking for injured people. As long as the roboticist gets to do said programming as well.

On Hard Boiled's idea, That makes me think of that new panic alarm in the PDA, so maybe when you activate it the nearest medbot and securitron will come to help.
Please no. These robots are supposed to be so simple they don't even function under laws of robotics. These things are literally medkits with a proximity sensor taped on with a robot arm jammed through the clasp, they aren't high tech by any means. They aren't meant to be a complete replacement for medical doctors, and IMO they should be more expensive to produce/be made worse because doctors are made irrelevant by three of these wandering around. You shouldn't wander into medbay hoping more to find the rickety blue medkit on wheels with a peeling sticker on it saying 'Head Surgeon' than a doctor who was vat-grown specifically to heal your ass.

IMO they should ACTUALLY have limited chems inside of them and you should have to keep them full to keep them able to function. It seems like they are meant to act like this since you can remove the beaker of stuff from them and change how much they inject but really they have infinite amounts of healing goo inside them. If they were debuffed in this way I'd be more comfortable with them having triage capabilities.

It could also be neat if robotics could produce upgrades to simple robots that make them better. Like for instance a triage chip for the medbot.
Yeah, I agree with Klayboxx on this. Medibots should kinda suck, improving them detracts from medbay.
Klayboxx Wrote:Please no. These robots are supposed to be so simple they don't even function under laws of robotics. These things are literally medkits with a proximity sensor taped on with a robot arm jammed through the clasp, they aren't high tech by any means. They aren't meant to be a complete replacement for medical doctors, and IMO they should be more expensive to produce/be made worse because doctors are made irrelevant by three of these wandering around. You shouldn't wander into medbay hoping more to find the rickety blue medkit on wheels with a peeling sticker on it saying 'Head Surgeon' than a doctor who was vat-grown specifically to heal your ass.

IMO they should ACTUALLY have limited chems inside of them and you should have to keep them full to keep them able to function. It seems like they are meant to act like this since you can remove the beaker of stuff from them and change how much they inject but really they have infinite amounts of healing goo inside them. If they were debuffed in this way I'd be more comfortable with them having triage capabilities.

It could also be neat if robotics could produce upgrades to simple robots that make them better. Like for instance a triage chip for the medbot.

Then change the recipe to include a remote signaller if we want PDA-controlled Medibots. crossarms
In other servers, each medbot heals different things, such as white heals brute, yellow heals burn... etc.

I think it'd be a good nerf if a white medbot would state "WAIT! I want to help!" go over to a poisoned player then state "I wasn't trained for this!" and inject nothing. v
(obviously a green medbot would inject)
Klayboxx Wrote:Manufacturable Medibot Upgrades.

Yes.
Klayboxx Wrote:-snip-

The problem i find with this though is the fact 80% of the time the only reason i live is because of a medibot.

Most of the time there's no medical team/they're horribly incompetent/can't get any of their medicines.

I'd much rather have a dinky little med-kit on wheels that i know will actually help me survive being in crit than the retarded doctor who thinks shooting me up with morphine will help my caved in skull.

It boils down to there's too much variability in how effective crew members are at helping you not die, whereas a simple medibot will at least keep you alive long enough to treat yourself or patch you up fully given time.

tl;dr : Medibots are a working constant while human medics have a good chance of getting you killed.
is wanting to be able to just screw them down to the floor really such a bad idea
I think medibots could be improved by allowing you to use a doctor's ID instead of just a roboticist's ID to load beakers into a medibot. Give people a much greater chance of being injected with napalm or sth.
We could always do something to make being a doctor more fun, although I can't fathom what could accomplish this.

Doctoring being fun = more people wanting to be a doctor/do the work.
Medibots are already really good.

Screwing them down i am not for or against, i can see it being useful and annoying (roboticists stealing all the bots)

Honestly i feel like medibots are the reason being a doc is less fun than it can be, they can deal with most things easier and faster than a mildly competent medic can. Hell, every time I have to get to medbay if I'm not missing limbs and my heart is beating i try to find a bot, not a doctor.

So yeah, i say nerf medibots a bit, make people taking arms/legs need proper medical gear to keep the patient alive in the process, not a medkit on wheels.
Combine doctor with virologist and geneticist?