Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MAP BUG REPORT / STRANGE HAPPENINGS / FEEDBACK THREAD
I like the new influx of intercoms, but haven't seen them used yet. Noticed that the janitor's corridor has a few individual ones, still not sure why though!
~try using them~
I used the intercom in the brig once as a captured syndie so I could call for backup.
Instead the whole crew got to hear me being beaten to death over the radio...
The new conveyor belt delivery system is quite handy, but it would be nice if the M.U.L.E. could still be useful in a supplementary role. At the moment, the home beacon isn't set to QM #1 by default and most of the valid destinations (hydroponics, medbay, even courtroom) are unreachable because they aren't located in public areas. I appreciate that the bot's pathfinding has been restricted to all/maintenance/QM access on purpose, so some small map changes might be in order to solve this issue. My suggestions:

1) All-access interior door -> navigational beacon + crate drop-off/pick-up tile -> xyz-access interior door
2) QM-access interior door -> plastic flaps -> navigational beacon + crate drop-off/pick-up tile

The former is the old method from Donut 2.0, while the latter would also make quartermaster ID cards a bit more valuable for traitors and other enemies of the station.
What? I thought I made sure the bot was reaching all those areas properly, I thought the thing had captain-level access. I'll doublecheck it.
It could be cool if when the engine goes nuts, firing off arcs and whatnot that lights around the station randomly blow. Maybe some other effects too to let the crew know that there's crazy shit happening in the engine room.
It will. There's some stuff still being tested and hammered out for that.
Is there a way to place new pipes? once in a while PDA bombs or tators destroy them completely and it just releases plasma everywhere. And being allowed to change the pipe system would be nice to experiment with, Like making the Cold loop, loop through space in the catwalk pipes to make the gasses even colder.
And I want to make a gas chamber. :?
Currently, no. That will require a major revision of pipe code.
[Image: k10sAez.png]

The door circled in red leads to the SMES room Engineers and Electricians both have access to from their main rooms. As an Engineer, I can't open that. The maintenance door circled in green lets Engineers in (and any damn hobo with Maintenance access), so the top door isn't keeping Engineers out from anything.

Not sure if this is an actual bug in access, but it's odd.
It's just electrician access, so electricians would have a backdoor out of the power room without using a regular maint door that any idiot can use to go in and fuck up the power stuff. At the moment there isn't a shared electrician/engineer door code that I know of, I don't really know how to mess with door access codes myself. Maybe someone else can, idk
Cogwerks Wrote:At the moment there isn't a shared electrician/engineer door code that I know of, I don't really know how to mess with door access codes myself. Maybe someone else can, idk

Oh, I had NO IDEA that's how it works. I thought doors could have multiple access levels like ID's. This changes everything.

Thanks for responding.
Would it be possible to code in a way to attach a gas filter to the purge lines? I'd like to get rid of specific, useless gasses such as CO2 from the hot loop or if someone screwed up the start up procedure, or recycle gasses instead of just venting them outright into space.

If there could be massive tanks like there were in the old atmospheric days where there were structures housing gasses that I don't particurly need but decided to purge, it'd make the small lot engineering has a lot more sustainable. Eventually, engineering will run out of plasma and oxygen but it wouldn't be due to ventings as you need to do every so often
I noticed that burst pipes have a new sprite with a missing section. This reduces the area you can click on to repair them.

I think it would work better with overlays slightly larger than a sane pipe; which would also improve visibility when the pipes under the wires in the hot loop side burst.

An example.
[Image: lgE2QO4.png]
Those actually look pretty good. It actually looks like the pipe is broken and the metal is bowing outwards