Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FEATURE] Mint plant + derivative drinks
(09-25-2017, 11:47 AM)Mordent Wrote: I'll look to finish this up in the next couple of days. I'll leave mint chutney out for now, if that's okay, just because I like being able to draw a line under a unit of work. Feel free to put a slight cooling effect on mint, mint tea, and mint juleps.

Distilling into menthol is a cool idea (see what I did there?), I'd like to try to fairly fully flesh it out if we go that route (e.g. have some secondary reagents you can make from it). You should probably also be able to synthesize it via mint + ethanol or something (maybe at 50C to avoid it just happening in your body).

If you're looking to do the cooling thing, look into how cryostylane works. I'd put a lower bound on what temperature it can lower you to, experiment a bit to work out something sensible. It shouldn't be slowing you down (or certainly not much).

That sounds good! I just added the cooling effects, and I'm currently figuring out what I want to do with menthol. The new drink I added ideally would include that, so that's one recipe. A couple more to go?

(09-25-2017, 01:15 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: I'm disappointed that there isn't something DEADLY you can make with either mint or menthol.

Something that's so cold that it causes you to freeze into an ice statue, the polar (BRRRR) opposite of El Diablo chili.

(09-25-2017, 08:03 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: mint juice + cryostylane + plasma/mutagen or something = manfreezium
in small doses, covers you in frost and slows you down as if you had been exposed to space, maybe does some burn, but doesn't icecube you
in large doses, you become an ice statue, solidifying all your items and thus making them unretrievable (i forget, does dragon's breath death delete your shit?)

Added a drink called Freeze that does something like what you guys suggested! It makes someone really cold, gives them random burn damage, and has chance of ice-statuing them based on the amount in them. It's negated by chocolate (because hot chocolate and all that).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FEATURE] Mint plant + derivative drinks - by Flourish - 09-26-2017, 02:48 PM