Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Martian Mode
Rainbow 
Martian Stats:
Cirrial, basically this works similar to how people build your DnD team, you will have your melee units, support, spellcasters and the like. Which for the most part distinguishes this mode from others in that each team could be made up of a variety of different martians.

Martian Trooper: Hardened Foot-soldiers.
[Image: nSrLso5.png]
HP: 90 (Weaker than a human)
BP: High (relative)
Skillsets/Attributes:
None. Spawns with light armor, some martian brew and its own IMP (1x1 pod).
Armor class: Heavy. (can use all armor)
Weapon class: Heavy (can use all weapons)

Martian Mutant: Psychics with a turgid cranium.
[Image: E0UfDT7.png]
HP: 65 (quite feeble)
BP: Medium
Skillsets/Attributes:
-Warp: Can warp away instantly, but has a longer cooldown than the wizard equivilant.
-Clairevoyance: Same as above, longer cooldown.
-Intense Stare: Targets an individual, if target stays in area, will knock the target unconcious.
-Profound Stare: Same as above, but will freeze the target in the area, causing him to scream and writhe. Will detonate the targets head, at the cost of your own life. Use as last ditch measure/revenge.
-Telepathy: Can communicate with Humans
-Cerebral Combusiton: AoE spell, will slow and cause minor brain damage to all those in target area.
-Psychotic Break: Melee range. Inflicts 15 units of Rajajajah in system.
-Mental Distortion: Targets an individual, causing them to hallucinate and see humans as martians (and their speech too), and visa versa. Lasts for 5 minutes.
-Subconcious shield: AoE spell. Will buff targets by providing them +30% damage reduction from all sources for (x) period (err i forget)
-Mind Arc: Shoots a beam of purple lightning, if hits target and if there are others nearby, it will arc like lightning to another target, up to 3 times. Mild burn damage, does not stun.
Armor class: None (cannot wear armor)
Weapon class: Light

Martian Beserker: Pale warriors with gold warpaint. (varied facepaint, aesthetic)
[Image: hzgKnXx.png][Image: nWpzap2.png][Image: YTZYEOK.png]
HP: 130 (Buff as fuck)
BP: Low
Skillsets/Attributes:
-Leap: Exactly the same as the mutation. Jump headfirst into combat.
-Battle Stance: Beserkers punches deal x2 more damage. Is modal (lasts indefinetely, only stops when switched with a different stance).
-Defense Stance: Has a 50% chance of deflecting melee attacks (including armed), but halves damage done by punching. Is modal.
-Blind Rage: Can only be activated if in RED health. Fully regains stamina, and ignores slowdown from damage.
-Body Slam: Exactly like the wrestling attack, can only be used if target is prone.
-Throat Whip: Slaps the target across the throat, stunning them briefly and preventing speech.
-Constrict: Binds the target, essentially cuffing them and causing the target to be pulled. However anyone can break this by pulling the target away.
-Agonizing Bind: Target must not move, similar to shocking grasp. Painfully pulls off a random limb. Works well with constrict.
-Pulverize: Strong brute attack, creates medium bleeding damage and stuns the target. Will also wreck borgs. Long cooldown.
-Can brute open doors, including bolted ones (passive)
Armor class: Light
Weapon class: None (cannot use weapons, but can use attire like barbed tubing)

Martian Mancer: Militant biologists of malicious intent. (with/without eyepiece. Again, aesthetic)
[Image: ZcoxgRB.png][Image: vJrRXyQ.png]
HP: 80 (quite feeble)
Skillsets/Attributes:
Has no skillsets but has numerous tools and abilities, some unique only to Mancer's:
-Mancer visor: Acts as a health scan, chemical scan and nightvision combined (heck)
-Martian stim: Only available to Mancers. Heal a medium amount of damage, requires to be charged after 3 uses.
-Flamethrower: Despite mancers not being able to handle "heavy" rifles, mancers can handle/come equipped with the flamethrower by default.
-Chem resistance: Is completely resistant to poison damage (passive)
-Biobomb: A single sac, available only to mancers. Releases a small cloud unstable mutagen smoke (note this has NO effect on martians, see: martian brew), but they are not grenades, rather proxy assemblies, so can only be used as traps. Can be recharged.
-Fleshy Dynamo: Acts as a one use EMAG before being recharged. Available only to mancers.
Armor Class: None
Weapon Class: Light

Martian Sire: Egotistical aliens of royal bloodline.
[Image: ZzzDWXd.png]
HP: 100 (= to human)
Skillsets/Attributes:
One martian is picked as the Sire, which are considerably stronger than its cohorts due to not being restricted. Spawns with cape (acts as light armor), tiara (acts as helmet), so is already pretty armored. Has some Mutant abilties, and some unique to its own:
-Telepathy: Can communicate with Humans
-Warp: Can warp away instantly, but has a longer cooldown than the wizard equivilant.
-Clairevoyance: Same as above, longer cooldown.
-Mind Arc: Shoots a beam of purple lightning, if hits target and if there are others nearby, it will arc like lightning to another target, up to 3 times. Mild burn damage, does not stun.
-Royal Command: Can only be used if in orange health or under. Removes stuns, heals minor damage and will notify all other martians of your location.
-Grevious Shriek: Will activate passively if any martians break from the hivemind (i.e: Die), screeching; causing dazing and stamina damage, AoE
-Zealous Rage: AoE, will cause all martians in area of effect to move quicker.
Armor class: Heavy
Weapon class: Heavy

Double-post, in response:
I like the idea of mini-martians and using bio-matter to respawn martians as weaker forms, it fits nicely and is probably better as mini-martians being mindless mobs like mini matcho menn.
There'd be very little room to abuse that RP wise, if you remove speech from them, and they have to adhere to the hivemind anyway.

I like the idea of a side quest to collect random unimportant junk. Remember that martians cannot use human stuff and can only "grip" it (i.e: Can pick up a gun, cannot fire it, can pick up a medical patch, cannot use it on themselves)

I'm not a fan of the idea of the vines, as it steps on the toes of blob a little too much, and with a full effective martian force attacking the crew, kudzu like creeping object will become just really annoying for the crew and martians alike.

I like the idea of the Mothership having a power source. Can just be modelled after an artifact, imo. The worm i'm not too sure of, while it seems like a good idea on paper, I feel like if a human manages to board the mothership, or manages to escape being dissolved (both of these situations would be extremely difficult without a proper force) that the only force that should stop him/her fucking up the ship is the martians. Otherwise they've got it too easy.

Messages In This Thread