Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.9 Average
Mental Health and Goonstation
This.
As somebody who has had this exact mental health situation and had it end horribly (currently permabanned lmao), your advice would have helped a lot. After my permaban, I took a step back and quit ss13 for about a year or so. I eventually slowly stepped back in and I'm currently in the process of appealing. I'm back now and active on /tg/ station manuel (shout out to anyone who recognizes terry genkins), and i've learned from my mistakes. Here are some tips to keep yourself from ending up like me: 
* SS13 is not the most important thing ever. If you are that obsessed with it that you play it as much as I did, you probably have other problems. 
* Find something else to occupy your time that you can put passion into. I recommend ff14. I bought it immediatley after I left, and it significantly helped. Remember, the internet is infinite and if you get tired and bored of one source of relief, there are about 15 trillion other sources out there. I've since gone inactive on ff14, but I'll be back for dawntrail.
* The other players are not npcs. They are people, and have feelings too.
* If you are alone for most of your shift, something's wrong. SS13 is a social game, remember that.
* If you do come back after a long break, do it slowly. I started with watching videos of ss13 again, then playing on new servers, then playing on servers I used to regular, and now I'm here making my appeal.
* Get mental help. No seriously, a therapist is more qualified to help with your problems than I am.
* Finally, remember. There is always somebody who will care about you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mental Health and Goonstation - by Kotlol - 01-23-2024, 11:51 AM
RE: Mental Health and Goonstation - by riolusx2 - 02-28-2024, 01:48 PM