Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes numbers from health scanners on RP
Quote:I have an alternate idea to try and achieve the goal I think this is going for: Require medical training to interpret the results of an analyzer scan at full precision (barring cyborgs). IMO, this would more properly work into that abstraction - a medically trained eye would be able to pick things out on scans that a layman couldn't, but anyone can see "leg broken" or "skin seared off".

this has the same problems described below where this locks "being able to do a job competently" behind being a round-start version of that job and just, no.

(03-20-2023, 04:35 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 04:25 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Ends up being a QoL decreasse for them..

The way i would like to see it, its not less QOL for doctors, but a nerf for tiders or people using non-upgraded scaners.

Doctors always use the upgraded tools, since they have the modules avaible in their department. Like it should be.

I don't see why the rest of the crew should have that quality, though.

first, doctors don't always have upgraded tools. round-start ones do, sure, but consider a lower pop round where some people join as assistants and go to the hop or captain for a job change; they are already at a disadvantage because of the lack of the round-start medical training trait, this would just make it even harder

if you want to pull someone in who isn't a doctor main, now you have to spend 10 minutes finding and upgrading all of their tools to be actually useful, while making the basic ones useless

like, to be clear here, you can basically divine all of the health information of the obfuscated scanner by interacting with the patient in various ways

1. examine them. this will immediately tell you if they have more than 5 or 30 brute/burn damage ("looks burnt" / "looks severely injured")

2. if they're in crit, clicking on them with a free hand will immediately tell you if they are in crit (attempting CPR)

3. environmental checks, like if the patient has internals on that may have run out, which you need to strip off to do CPR anyway

the only damage type you can't really divine this way is tox, but at the same time if they have no brute or burn, no obvious reason for suffocation, then you have a pretty likely guess

honestly this post pretty much summarizes every possible thought i could have on the subject

(03-19-2023, 06:35 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: this has a whole tizzy of balance and QoL implications for what is essentially "people are making health callouts in a way that is not fitting for the level of RP some people like"

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes numbers from health scanners on RP - by Zamujasa - 03-20-2023, 09:53 AM