Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Respawn as a "Hologram"
I like the general idea of giving better options for dead players to interact with the round, and I appreciate the thought you put into this, but...I feel like it'd just be better to implement some of these features and ideas into ghostdrones instead.

Goon is complicated as is. I don't think adding holograms would make it so much more complex for veterans, but it might confuse the hell out of new players (who already struggle with the controls alone). And if it leaves ghostdrones (as a feature) to languish even more as another developer relic, well...I don't know, I just think feature bloat is bad.

Some of these ideas are pretty neat, though. Giving you some specialization in the role you can take on when you die seems nice, so that you can do your job in a limited capacity after death. (And if you were working on a project before you died, you might be able to complete it in death.) Role-specific ghostdrones might allow for this, although they might go against the whole "you are only here to improve the station, ignore people and be aloof" attitude that ghostdrones currently have. (Which I'm not even sure I like to begin with. I get that this is a role-playing game, but it's hard for people to not be salty as hell after they die in a stupid or unfair way - us players are humans, not machines.) It might also let certain ghostdrones have real RCD's, rather than the garbage cardboard ones they currently have, by limiting that tool to engineering/science inclined Ghostdrones. What role you take on in death might be based on the role you originally signed up as, so that general balance remains the same (i.e. there can't be a million construction Ghostdrones fixing holes in the station because there are a finite amount of engineers and scientists starting out).

Long story short...I like the ideas, but maybe we should put them into revamping existing features that are underutilized (namely ghostdrones). Making ghostdrones more like heavily limited cyborgs that can do decently in specific roles, rather than being sort of bad at everything, seems like a reasonable direction to go in. That or we axe ghostdrones and add hologram people, I dunno.

Messages In This Thread
Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-25-2023, 01:02 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by RelentlessGarbage - 01-25-2023, 02:06 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-25-2023, 03:00 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Judobum - 01-25-2023, 05:49 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by babayetu83 - 01-25-2023, 09:10 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Lord_earthfire - 01-25-2023, 10:08 PM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-26-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Lord_earthfire - 01-26-2023, 06:18 AM
RE: Respawn as a "Hologram" - by Kotlol - 01-26-2023, 10:47 AM