Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Changes to Traitor Generic Items
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
The PR swaps around several items from the syndicate buylist for traitors. I specifically targeted items that I felt either didn't really make proper sense to be job locked, and are rarely seen and entertaining. Most should make sense, although there may be a few that I added because I think they would bring a lot of gameplay potential, as well. I went over the list with several people to curate it to items that people agree on, and items that weren't agreed on were not added.

I also fiddled with the surplus items a bit and added weaker variants of surplus items that were exclusive, or just swapped things from exclusive. The only swapped gear from surplus were banana grenades, and I job-locked them to clown, because I think it's super thematic. I made single item versions of bear traps and breaching charges and upped their cost to reflect the gamemode balance.

EDIT: Ikea made a really good point about not listing out the actual items added to the generic list in the description, so the items added are as followed.
**GENERIC**
Decided to revert several after getting input. These are the current ones. It's a smaller list but I'm still confident that this would give a lot more gameplay variety, so I'm happy with it.
Single Bear Trap (2TC) Modified from original surplus option
Standard Breaching Charge (3TC) Modified from surplus option
Chameleon Bombs (4TC)
Moustache Grenade (3TC) -
Pickpocket Gun (3TC)
**JOB LOCKED**
Banana Grenade was removed from surplus only and given to Clown as a job specific item.
Telegun was given to scientist, but I've realized it just has too many barriers for a scientist versus a head of staff so it's reverted.
Syndicate Cargo transporter access was also given to the Chief Engineer.

I was interested in a few other items such as poison bottles, but decided against it since it seemed controversial since sleepy pen with poison bottles objectively outperforms syringe gun.

Why's this needed?
Goal of the PR is to make the traitor gamemode a little more varied, and to spice it up by giving more options to players. A lot of players have talked about wanting more generic items because there's a large amount of job locked items, and not all of them are very thematic to their jobs. The only thing that was added that is pure rampage focused was Stimulants, but as those got their TC upped to six and underwent some changes, I think they should be made generic as they no longer are the show stopper combo that wins the game for a scientist.

Traitor is the best game-mode because of the variety, but I think a lot of people have gripes about the amount of limited items that traitors have access to despite many cool items existing, and this just aims at making it more varied and having more gameplay opportunities, especially for gimmicks. I think a lot of people feel like they HAVE to take surplus to get a chance at any fun gimmick items if they aren't a popular job. The issue with that is there are a lot of items excluded from surplus that you have to code dive to find out, because most people assume that surplus has access to every item. I knew it didn't have boomboots and the syndicate hat, I didn't know it didn't have csabers, powersinks, shotguns, maneaters, butcher knife, hotdog cart, red saw, trash compactor, wasp crossbow, powergloves, conversion chamber, etc etc without codediving, and you can roll duplicates of crappy items on top of that. While I kind of want to work on that in a different PR, I think giving more items to the generic list will also help significantly with gameplay variety and make people more interested in trying new routes.

Don't think I missed a label, please don't kill me Zewaka, I looked at every label 😱
Changelog

```changelog
(u)MomoBerry
(*)Shuffled around several items to the Generic traitor List, and changed some job restricted traitor gear access.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[CLOSED PR] Changes to Traitor Generic Items - by github_bot - 09-05-2022, 09:37 PM