Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP
(05-05-2022, 05:20 AM)Leeanei Wrote: If sec is using their enhanced access to push people out of jobs please ahelp it. A lot of the problems brought up are rules issues rather than sec access issues.

Pretty much this. As a Sec officer I think it's a good idea to be a supportive role in departments that need it.
Yes I did a few times push doctors out of the way in medbay to heal myself since I am mid chase and nearly dieing.
But I don't really have time at these moments to wait for a doctor to come out of their conversation and heal me.

Infact I once was critical as a detective and I waited for a doctor to heal me while a chase was going on. It took them nearly 10 minutes to recover me.
For some reason I didn't die... but it did tick me off to NO HELL!
This is where I "personally" exempt the rule of "stay in your lane" if someone is RPing an incompetitent doctor and wants to give you a new heart to heal your toxin damage... while there is a traitor on the loose with a bomb. I think at that point self medicating isn't the worst. Infact... Sec has 1st aid kits so I consider it not too much.
Same goes for cloning.

I will be brunt and say I sometimes as Detective or Sec officer tend to do other peoples jobs including commands when they take too long in general.
"AI acting funny?" Shout at the heads to solve it.. to the point after 15 mins I just drag a head to fix the AI already.
A simple breach fix for engineering but the hole is still there after 10+ mins? Guess I am fixing it and repressurizing. 
Cargo not selling an artifact that is making noise for 5+ mins? Guess I am going in there and pushing it out. (I even done this as a scientist to force an Artifiact to be shipped)

There are just so much moments where people in RP just "Stop functioning" to do their job cause something "Funny is happening" and they wanna watch it or join in even though it's NOT THEIR JOB to join. (Such as Sec beating up a changeling and they wanna join into the fighting)
This especially happens when there are emergency situations their departments have to solve that if they don't get to it.. the shift has to end early
Heck... lately alot of meteors been getting free pug shots at the stations even with 60+ people cause QM won't order shields and Security / Engineering won't deploy them or some staffy opened the crate so the shields now have to be dragged in 1 by 1 from cargo...

Rants aside from that... I do not think SecOfficers should lose AA. As a detective main I don't have that priveledge but I have let people die cause I couldn't open the blasted door and the AI was distracted.
If however a captain or sec officer is in your department LITTERLY DOING YOUR JOB but it's not an emergency? Ahelp it. The only moment I see this happening is if you are letting the sec officer wait for something that isn't important at all.

Keep sec's access. RP correctly. But don't get angry if sec does your job since it took your 15 mins for you to even start that job when it's CRUCIAL to happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 12:37 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Kotlol - 05-05-2022, 06:06 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 06:53 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Ikea - 05-05-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 01:33 PM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 01:52 PM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-06-2022, 02:48 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Ikea - 05-06-2022, 02:54 AM