Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP
I assume the main problem here is "Security is doing other jobs." however I do not think this is a good change for the RP servers. There is an RP rule (Rule 7: Stay in your lane. While you are capable of doing anything within the game mechanics, allow those who have selected the relevant job to attempt the task first.) to make sure that people don't go doing other jobs.

Also, sometimes there happens to be not enough players on station; especially no AI or Command members. When this is the case, I feel like Security having access to the understaffed areas and helping them out isn't necessarily a negative thing. And as Cal stated, why or rather how could the team be trusted with protecting the station and not have access to most of it? If someone from a department is in trouble and calls for help, and they are the only person in that department, the lack of access will be nothing but an annoying inconvenience.

Last point, "this also gives antags a small advantage as there is now places they can go that security cannot.". I feel there are already plenty of places antags can go to and hide in, or lock Security out of if they wish so. And giving some breathing room to antagonists, letting them create their stories instead of immediately stopping them in their tracks is one of the main tasks of security.

TL;DR:
1- We have a rule stopping sec from doing other jobs.
2- No access = harder to help.
3- This PR assumes pop is always good enough.
4- Security can and should give breathing room to antags if need be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 12:37 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Juggernaut2442 - 05-05-2022, 02:23 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 06:53 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Ikea - 05-05-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 01:33 PM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-05-2022, 01:52 PM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Cal - 05-06-2022, 02:48 AM
RE: [PR] Removes Secoff lite AA from RP - by Ikea - 05-06-2022, 02:54 AM