Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Limb Things
(06-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Besides, "You don't have the ID to distinguish them" thing feels weak

The ID thing earlier was a joke. Obviously you can recognize people from their faces.

(06-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: As for removing names making people for likely to visit the roboticist....honestly, I haven't seen this happen because of these limb changes.

I've personally seen a LOT more robolimbs these days because people can't be arsed to go through the wreckage looking for their own arm, which was kindof the point of why I revived this suggestion: to encourage more interactions between the crew and the roboticist other than being borged.

(06-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: If I really wanted people to visit robotics more often, I'd make it more convenient to get a new robolimbs

it's already ridiculously convenient to get robolimbs; the surgery can be done for all four limbs in ~ 1-2m or faster. People don't get robolimbs unless they have to, generally.

(06-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: and worsen the effects having a limb that isn't yours

There's no reason to bother suffering through these effects when finding your own limb takes literal seconds. I also think the current effects are more than bad enough to be a proper incentive.

All said, I believe that the suggestion succeeded in achieving its primary objective; I see more people getting robolimbs because it's harder to find their own limb after an explosion. People still get their own limbs reattached when it is convenient.

(06-03-2019, 02:33 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Plus, it indirectly removes some of the novelty of owning someone's head/butt/skull and making a headspike or buttbot/skullbot with their name on it.

I agree these three examples are issues. Those can be fixed by adding names back to heads, butts, and skulls. To paraphrase from earlier,

Someone Wrote:I'd know that butt anywhere

---

(06-03-2019, 03:24 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: The "well, you wouldn't recognize someone's arm" kinda falls flat

Keep in mind, the OP was written in 2013, almost 6 years ago. My view on the matter has shifted. My conclusion is still the same, but I no longer feel that my experience as a traitor or the realism aspect are compelling points.

(06-03-2019, 04:21 PM)Flourish Wrote: just removes flavor and flair from the game (it's more funny because you're smacking the clown with their own arm, not just some random one). Sure, they can give away disguises, but I feel like the benefits greatly outweigh the downsides.

I agree that it does remove some situations where the clown might know it's his own arm, but I think generally he will know it's his arm given the situation will usually be occurring seconds after you personally removed it from him. That said, I would argue the benefits of not having names outweighs the downsides, because I've seen first hand the impact it can have on robotics' interaction with the crew.

Just a few days ago, I and one other person had our legs blown off by a gang member tossing a buncha grenades into medbay. We couldn't sort out or limbs, so we ended up getting treads instead. Overall I think it had a pretty positive effect on both of our rounds, because having treads is cool and otherwise I don't think we would have bothered getting dragged to robotics.

Zamujasa Wrote:Is there a way to cure limb rejection? It'd be nice if there was a way to get those things to settle down, especially for the more ... uncommon limbs.

This should def be a thing, too. Maybe mutadone? That might be too easy to receive. Maybe haloperiodol?

Messages In This Thread