Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Escape shuttle is weird. So what makes a good round end?
(11-25-2021, 04:28 PM)Tribaja Wrote: Larger shuttles seem to be in need for sure at least in my opinion. Like with the population growing we're probably only one wave of new fellas coming from a streamer or youtuber away from literally all standing space in a shuttle being taken with only room for more people who crawl on the ground (which tbh would be hilarious as well, but would get kinda annoying too after a while.)

On the topic of escape shuttle votes, I'd certainly be up for it and I'd even suggest that make it a vote that any head (and AI) can commence which pings everyone's PDAs and has a nice, noticeable box right on the main screen where you can vote with tallies for Y/N. This would give the PDA some more use and make keeping it somewhat a priority. Hell you could even rig the vote if you stole PDAs!

To add to this you could have only the Captain and HoS have the power to unilaterally call the shuttle without a vote. And maybe have it work with like a hand or eyescanner. Could get some cool situations with the crew having to cut off a hand/eye to call the shuttle if the vote can't get started or somebody is rigging it with stolen PDAs to not call.

Definitely approve of larger shuttles. Currently the shuttles are so packed that trying to move around just gets you shoved randomly in multiple directions as people run around in a panic, leading to chaos which means combat is just a horrible mess of friendly fire. Now, SS13 is a chaotic game but too much chaos results in lot of self-antagging which isn't fun for the victims or the admins. I think every experienced player can say they've been spaced at some point on the shuttle by a non-antag, whether due to a misunderstanding, simple mistake or actively using the chaos of the shuttle to intentionally grief. In addition, larger shuttles mean that bombs are less impactful which helps deal with the common occurance of people doing haha funny shuttle explosions and killing most of the crew in a way that results in 0 fun for the crew.

Honestly, after writing this it occured to me that the insta-gib from being spaced on the shuttle is a little silly considering how easy it is to do. If the shuttles were larger with perhaps multiple areas/rooms you wouldn't permanently be an aggressive grab and a throw away from instantly dying - which is never fun. You could even add a walkway on the sides of the shuttle 1-2 tiles wide that extends after launch to help with this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Escape shuttle is weird. So what makes a good round end? - by Nidabutt - 11-26-2021, 10:41 AM