Mentor Application - Captain Jeb
Usual character name: Captain Jeb
BYOND username: Bherethor
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Captain Jeb (Count Jebula for Halloween)
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 & rarely 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
My game experience is limited to one department really.  Engineering, some chef, and I'd say a mediocre sec/det.  One of the things I enjoy in any game is helping others learn and have fun, anytime I am in engineering and a new person joins I walk them around the department, teach them the basics, engine setup, how to build, how to run cargo, check traders, build mining tools, use the telescope, whatever I can.  And I try to be helpful to if I'm wandering the halls looking for stuff to fix and I see someone lost or needing help, if I can I do whatever I can.

In addition I always try to maintain a positive attitude, outside of Jebs RP old man yelling on the radio about taking a crowbar to whoever is messing with the APCs.  I do my best to try to make sure no one ever feels dumb for asking a question, as I know I still learn new things every day.  Its embarrassing how long I spent typing *salute and *wave rather then using hotkeys.  

During the recent Tide we had,  I got to experience a lot of new players, and every shift I got to impart some tip, trick, or skill I learned to a new spessman, and seeing them use those tools around the station in later rounds really made me smile and feel like I made a difference.  And I’d like the opportunity to help as many people learn to love SS13 the way I have.

I've only been in the game since January, and I've felt like I really found a good community here with Goonstation.  And I'd like to give back to it.  I don't know if I'm ready for mentor or not, and if I'm not and can just get feedback to make myself a better player and better community member, well I'll consider that a success.  Regardless of the outcome, Ole Jeb will be there in engineering, hard hat on to help the engineers learn a trick or two. Thanks for the consideration, and as always, "Stay safe Lads."

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Never been banned.

Holy god, sorry Lads that copied from my gmail to phone real bad.

Usual character name: Captain Jeb
BYOND username: Bherethor
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Captain Jeb (Count Jebula for Halloween)
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 & rarely 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): My game experience is limited to one department really.  Engineering, some chef, and I'd say a mediocre sec/det.  One of the things I enjoy in any game is helping others learn and have fun, anytime I am in engineering and a new person joins I walk them around the department, teach them the basics, engine setup, how to build, how to run cargo, check traders, build mining tools, use the telescope, whatever I can.  And I try to be helpful to if I'm wandering the halls looking for stuff to fix and I see someone lost or needing help, if I can I do whatever I can.

In addition I always try to maintain a positive attitude, outside of Jebs RP old man yelling on the radio about taking a crowbar to whoever is messing with the APCs.  I do my best to try to make sure no one ever feels dumb for asking a question, as I know I still learn new things every day.  Its embarrassing how long I spent typing *salute and *wave rather then using hotkeys.  

During the recent Tide we had,  I got to experience a lot of new players, and every shift I got to impart some tip, trick, or skill I learned to a new spessman, and seeing them use those tools around the station in later rounds really made me smile and feel like I made a difference.  And I’d like the opportunity to help as many people learn to love SS13 the way I have.

I've only been in the game since January, and I've felt like I really found a good community here with Goonstation.  And I'd like to give back to it.  I don't know if I'm ready for mentor or not, and if I'm not and can just get feedback to make myself a better player and better community member, well I'll consider that a success.  Regardless of the outcome, Ole Jeb will be there in engineering, hard hat on to help the engineers learn a trick or two. Thanks for the consideration, and as always, "Stay safe Lads."

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Never been banned.

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - by CaptainJeb - 10-08-2021, 11:40 AM
RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - by Cal - 10-10-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - by Cal - 10-26-2021, 07:48 AM
RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - by Oremir - 11-21-2021, 08:15 AM