Goonstation Forums
Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Approved Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb (/showthread.php?tid=17245)

Pages: 1 2

Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - CaptainJeb - 10-08-2021

Usual character name: Captain Jeb
BYOND username: Bherethor
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Captain Jeb (Count Jebula for Halloween)
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 & rarely 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
My game experience is limited to one department really.  Engineering, some chef, and I'd say a mediocre sec/det.  One of the things I enjoy in any game is helping others learn and have fun, anytime I am in engineering and a new person joins I walk them around the department, teach them the basics, engine setup, how to build, how to run cargo, check traders, build mining tools, use the telescope, whatever I can.  And I try to be helpful to if I'm wandering the halls looking for stuff to fix and I see someone lost or needing help, if I can I do whatever I can.

In addition I always try to maintain a positive attitude, outside of Jebs RP old man yelling on the radio about taking a crowbar to whoever is messing with the APCs.  I do my best to try to make sure no one ever feels dumb for asking a question, as I know I still learn new things every day.  Its embarrassing how long I spent typing *salute and *wave rather then using hotkeys.  

During the recent Tide we had,  I got to experience a lot of new players, and every shift I got to impart some tip, trick, or skill I learned to a new spessman, and seeing them use those tools around the station in later rounds really made me smile and feel like I made a difference.  And I’d like the opportunity to help as many people learn to love SS13 the way I have.

I've only been in the game since January, and I've felt like I really found a good community here with Goonstation.  And I'd like to give back to it.  I don't know if I'm ready for mentor or not, and if I'm not and can just get feedback to make myself a better player and better community member, well I'll consider that a success.  Regardless of the outcome, Ole Jeb will be there in engineering, hard hat on to help the engineers learn a trick or two. Thanks for the consideration, and as always, "Stay safe Lads."

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Never been banned.

Holy god, sorry Lads that copied from my gmail to phone real bad.

Usual character name: Captain Jeb
BYOND username: Bherethor
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Captain Jeb (Count Jebula for Halloween)
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 & rarely 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): My game experience is limited to one department really.  Engineering, some chef, and I'd say a mediocre sec/det.  One of the things I enjoy in any game is helping others learn and have fun, anytime I am in engineering and a new person joins I walk them around the department, teach them the basics, engine setup, how to build, how to run cargo, check traders, build mining tools, use the telescope, whatever I can.  And I try to be helpful to if I'm wandering the halls looking for stuff to fix and I see someone lost or needing help, if I can I do whatever I can.

In addition I always try to maintain a positive attitude, outside of Jebs RP old man yelling on the radio about taking a crowbar to whoever is messing with the APCs.  I do my best to try to make sure no one ever feels dumb for asking a question, as I know I still learn new things every day.  Its embarrassing how long I spent typing *salute and *wave rather then using hotkeys.  

During the recent Tide we had,  I got to experience a lot of new players, and every shift I got to impart some tip, trick, or skill I learned to a new spessman, and seeing them use those tools around the station in later rounds really made me smile and feel like I made a difference.  And I’d like the opportunity to help as many people learn to love SS13 the way I have.

I've only been in the game since January, and I've felt like I really found a good community here with Goonstation.  And I'd like to give back to it.  I don't know if I'm ready for mentor or not, and if I'm not and can just get feedback to make myself a better player and better community member, well I'll consider that a success.  Regardless of the outcome, Ole Jeb will be there in engineering, hard hat on to help the engineers learn a trick or two. Thanks for the consideration, and as always, "Stay safe Lads."

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Never been banned.

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Waffleloffle - 10-08-2021

very friendly and super knowledgeable in engineering, station repair, and mechcomp! always a joy to see over the engineering radio channel, easy +1 from me big grin

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - KingMorshu - 10-08-2021

I've played a decent number of rounds under Jeb as CE. He taught me a few things, is a great department head, and generally all around great to play with. His knowledge in the Engineering department is near unmatched, and I've seen him play a solid Sec Officer and Detective. He also brings great RP to the table, and from my perspective, always seems willing to teach someone something. One very memorable round for me was just Jeb as CE, and me as Engineer, and a ton of problems on station. It was all the better due to Jeb being there, and I do remember him talking about that crowbar!

You might want to expand your knowledge a bit on the other departments if you feel you're lacking, but other than that, a big +1 from me.

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - ftlaudeye - 10-08-2021

+1!

Never can recall a bad experience with Jeb, they are always a positive presence in game and on the discord as well.  I've noticed them teaching new players or players who are just inexperienced in a specific area on a couple different occasions.  They are always eager to teach and answer questions from what I can tell and definitely recommend them for Mentor!

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Mrprogamer96 - 10-08-2021

Jeb is one of those people who is always reliable, friendly and knows his way around the engine.

+1

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - walpvrgis - 10-10-2021

Consistently chill and helpful towards new players, I've seen Jeb teaching and helping folks out a tonne ingame! Really creative with builds and great at roleplaying old Jeb too. Would be great having more mentors with a focus on engineering. I have no problem giving a +1 bee!

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - nefarious6th - 10-10-2021

+1

funny in round, always positive, great leader and guidance to have in engineering

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Cal - 10-10-2021

Jeb's very nice, never seen them lose their temper or have a bad attitude, I think they'd make a lovely mentor.

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - data_err0r - 10-18-2021

+1

It's always great to run in to Jeb. I see them regualrly teaching people, interacting and RPing well with others and in general just being a nice person to play with.

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Eagletanker - 10-25-2021

Jeb's grown alot as a engineer and I think their ability to teach newer players is great. They're a nice person both in and outside game and they pretty much can always be depended on when things go wrong. +1

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Cal - 10-26-2021

Jeb is quite friendly ingame and on discord, one of my first experiences with them was going abom ling to frighten them and someone else in a locked room and they didn't kill me when I turned back, which I think was great RP on their part.

I trust them not to use meta-knowledge to make the round worse for other people.

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Juggernaut2442 - 11-05-2021

Extremely nice and experienced fellow that is very fun to be around and play with. No doubt in my mind that they would help anyone that needs it.

+1

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - EpicGamer545 - 11-19-2021

Whoa, nice! Jeb is applying for mentor!

I see Jeb most of the time during engineering, he knows a lot about it and has some tips and tricks for making the engine burn. Jeb deserves mentor, he is very helpful for letting people learn in SS13 and checks all pf the boxes.

+1

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - Wrench-1 - 11-19-2021

Yes, absolutely. Jeb is an absolute delight to interact with in game, and on Discord. Super friendly, super helpful, and really good with RP etiquette. Definitely one of the most knowledgeable people on the server when it comes to Engineering, a department that in my experience has a SUPER STEEP learning curve with many knowledgeable players not willing to part with any of their knowledge, making Engineering a slog to learn. Jeb could potentially turn a lot of people on to Engineering with Mentor tools!

+1

RE: Mentor Application - Captain Jeb - DioChasek - 11-19-2021

I could have sworn I commented on Jebs thread, but much like everyone else has stated so far Jeb is great to see on a shift, is a real wiz on both mechanics and engineering and I often see him teaching newer players the ins and out of those departments in particular.
+1