Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Portable ID Computer implementation
One of HoP's roundstart crew goals is to "be off station wearing a space suit"

It's very much a job where one of the expected outcomes is that you man the desk for a bit, then leave to go explore or do whatever you want.

Its on-station function can be replaced by:
1) The Captain or HoS, who generally are more likely to stay on station
2) Gathering or scavenging supplies for hacking your way around the station

As for job-specific rewards in space fabs, we already have a few of those, with similar levels of "changes how the job is played" (see: tsunami)

It's also possible to identify space-fabs from the PDA map, so I don't believe it's too much of a burden to expect a willing and able space exploring HoP to memorize the shape and then go find it.

We really do need more space loot that's more interesting than combat gear, and this seems like a good fit in multiple ways.

I know that isn't really what you hoped for, but I think that most people prefer bureaucratic desk RP HoP to being able to swap out ID accesses on the fly (especially considering that, for the most part, I bet this would be in the hands of a traitor pretty quickly. All the pain of AA handouts but without the weakness of at least knowing where to go to stop it)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Portable ID Computer implementation - by UrsulaMejor - 10-07-2021, 12:26 PM