Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Portable ID Computer implementation
(10-07-2021, 11:54 AM)Mordent Wrote: Better as an item in a prefab. This trivializes getting it.

In the initial PR, there was also a discussion of making it a prefab item, costing 35 metal, 15 glass, 25 conductive material, and 2 gold, but it was removed so the actual addition of the item could be its own separate PR. Though for the initial version of this PR I went with locker spawn because that’s what I believe is best and what I’d prefer to see implemented. As for it being in a prefab, I greatly dislike that idea, as it would essentially, (unless more items are created for this proposed prefab) create a location meant for one specific job (a job where it’s very essential to remain on station, and has little in the way of people to substitute for you when you go missing) to go to for items that significantly change how the job can be played. Sorry for the long block of text I’m doing this response off my phone, but I believe giving it round start inside a locker (like the better TG Tablet computer is) would be the best, as there it would see the most use, not be hidden behind a secret section or by a extreme material cost, and not cause unessecary prefabs or vacancy’s in the job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Portable ID Computer implementation - by Theunsolved-puzzle - 10-07-2021, 12:13 PM