Thrax hos app
(05-23-2021, 09:57 PM)BotchKing Wrote: I have played some sec rounds with you and I have a few reservations about this. I think there are things you could improve both IC and OOC to make a good HOS.

First, I have concerns about how you would do IC as a HOS, mainly of your general attitude toward antagonists. You mentioned that you can go hard with sec weapons, which I have definitely observed myself, but at least you are already aware of that.
I suggest trying to limit yourself in the equipment you take, since on RP servers, there's barely any reason to ever use tear gas, so you should not even take them to begin with unless you know a situation requires it.
Same with riot launchers and stuff. Of course they're fun to use, and it can be funny to use overwhelming force on a target. But using them will definitely make an impression on the crew and anyone witnessing it. It makes people wary of sec and riles up the crew against them, which is not ideal, in my opinion.
Unnecessary force will cause escalation, which makes antagonists more aggressive, so keep that in mind.

I also have weird feelings from some of the things you said during and after rounds.
For example, I remember after a round a while ago you said something like:"This guy (antagonist) had basically no chance, we had a HoS, a NTSO, and a retired surgeon Nanotrasen special operative (refering to your character) after him".
We had a full sec team that round and I was an officer. I remember thinking "who does this guy think he his? He's just an officer like us, he's not the equal of the HOS or NTSO."
Wanting the title because it's cool, and fits with a special operative background for a character isn't really a good thing.

It just left me with a bad impression, which was reinforced on discord when you talked about how excessively robust your character is, and how you are among the server's top MD. I didn't know you that much at the time, so I couldn't tell if you were that good or not, but it doesn't really matter.

I know now that you are an effective officer and an experienced MD, and are also probably pretty robust.
But that alone is not reason to be chosen as HoS. A HoS doesn't have to be the most robust or even the most efficient officer on the team. A HoS should be the one calling the shots on security's priorities and decisions, as well as being part of command and setting an example for the rest of the team.

I know you have experience in command, mostly being MD. I've seen a bit how you operate (as AI mostly), with a set of rules being very strictly enforced. Personally, I don't think this style of leadership could work very well in sec. I'm not the biggest medical player, so correct me if I'm saying shit but the way I see it in medical it's very obvious from an objective standpoint if you're doing well (aka, your patients are alive). Of course there are different ways of achieving this, all with a different degree of effectiveness, but in the best case you end up with healthy patients.

There's no such thing in sec, there's no obvious objective way to tell if what you did is the correct thing or not. You have to rely entirely on your judgement and the expectations of others to do your job and end up balancing between chaos and fun for everyone. There's not game mechanic to tell if you're doing a good job or not.

I don't mean to downplay medical at all! It's just that these departments are too different, and what works for you in leading medical, like enforcing rules to achieve your goals, won't really work in sec. There's a certain culture around sec that must be respected, so there's a limit to how overbearing you can be with your officers that are actually following that culture.

Ok this has gone on for way too long. I hope you won't be discouraged because you are a good officer to have on the team. Just keep these things in mind, but those are just my opinions.

Indifferent for now. All the best!
eh any little bit helps me improve even if it highlights how much of an arse i can be

Messages In This Thread
Thrax hos app - by JackThrax - 05-21-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by Drewmajor11 - 05-23-2021, 10:16 AM
RE: Thrax hos app - by Drewmajor11 - 06-09-2021, 09:51 AM
RE: Thrax hos app - by Tiresoup - 05-23-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by Varali - 05-23-2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by Slazenger - 05-23-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by JackThrax - 05-23-2021, 08:59 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by BotchKing - 05-23-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by JackThrax - 05-24-2021, 12:45 AM
RE: Thrax hos app - by StinkethStonketh - 06-03-2021, 02:45 PM
RE: Thrax hos app - by StinkethStonketh - 06-04-2021, 06:10 AM