Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application
Usual character name: Mac Moris
BYOND username: Serrano
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Serrano#0168
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Morty, Bombini

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
First and foremost, I enjoy answering questions and helping people. I like to keep an eye on the questions channel in discord so I can answer questions, but also so I can learn from other people when there are questions I don’t know the answer to. There’s still a lot I don’t know (how the hell do packets even work) and that’s another reason I would like to be a mentor, I feel like it would help me learn even more as well. I really love this goofy game and I don’t want newcomers to miss out on it because it’s a little bit overwhelming in the beginning. When I was a newbie I would be using mHelp constantly and was so thankful for all the nice people answering my weird questions. 

I’ve been playing on goon for a few months now, I forget exactly when I started playing but it was late 2020 after I saw criken and tomato play it. I’ve been playing pretty regularly since then, mostly sticking to scientist, but I’ve been playing different jobs lately. When I first started playing, I was a typical powergaming graytider. Sometimes I would test chembombs on station without warning, and not care if I caused a breach, or do other griefy/powergamey things, but I can assure you I have moved on from that phase. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on just about every job on a basic level, and I think I know pretty much everything there is to know about anything science related(a scientist main? Very original, I know). I feel I have a strong grasp on mining, security, genetics, and a decent grasp on medical. I’ve spent a couple of rounds teaching a few people mining and genetics, and I really enjoy showing them all the things you can do. I still need to spend more time learning engineering and medical, but I plan to do so from now on.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
none

sorry this got posted twice!!!
I lagged out while trying to post it and hit the post button twice and now idk how to delete it...

Messages In This Thread
Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - by Serrano - 04-04-2021, 11:03 PM