Goonstation Forums
Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Server Appeals (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied Applications (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application (/showthread.php?tid=16155)

Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - Serrano - 04-04-2021

Usual character name: Mac Moris
BYOND username: Serrano
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Serrano#0168
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Morty, Bombini

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
First and foremost, I enjoy answering questions and helping people. I like to keep an eye on the questions channel in discord so I can answer questions, but also so I can learn from other people when there are questions I don’t know the answer to. There’s still a lot I don’t know (how the hell do packets even work) and that’s another reason I would like to be a mentor, I feel like it would help me learn even more as well. I really love this goofy game and I don’t want newcomers to miss out on it because it’s a little bit overwhelming in the beginning. When I was a newbie I would be using mHelp constantly and was so thankful for all the nice people answering my weird questions. 

I’ve been playing on goon for a few months now, I forget exactly when I started playing but it was late 2020 after I saw criken and tomato play it. I’ve been playing pretty regularly since then, mostly sticking to scientist, but I’ve been playing different jobs lately. When I first started playing, I was a typical powergaming graytider. Sometimes I would test chembombs on station without warning, and not care if I caused a breach, or do other griefy/powergamey things, but I can assure you I have moved on from that phase. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on just about every job on a basic level, and I think I know pretty much everything there is to know about anything science related(a scientist main? Very original, I know). I feel I have a strong grasp on mining, security, genetics, and a decent grasp on medical. I’ve spent a couple of rounds teaching a few people mining and genetics, and I really enjoy showing them all the things you can do. I still need to spend more time learning engineering and medical, but I plan to do so from now on.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
none

sorry this got posted twice!!!
I lagged out while trying to post it and hit the post button twice and now idk how to delete it...

RE: Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - THISISANICEGAME - 04-18-2021

I have seem them help in the discord but never in game so I can't really give a full +1, consider this a +0,5

RE: Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - Drago156 - 04-18-2021

+1 from me, Serrano is a pretty chill peep and probably knows some of the harder and lesser known systems of science that isn't always able to be covered. I think they have enough sense to not meta-game with mhelp knowledge, so purp this nerd.

RE: Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - nefarious6th - 04-18-2021

+1 from me; got to play a Security round with you the other day on Manta when Mac was cozy in his pajamas. Very nice presence and calm person to be around despite the chaos. I remember you well from when you used to play even more scientist, and, yes I remember some of the less glowing days from you when you started out. But even in science you mellowed out and became a really fun presence to have in a round, holing up in chemistry on Donut 3 with other traitor science nerds wearing your big fancy syndie hats while everyone in the hall pointed and laughed.

My only pick is that I don't see you mentoring or answering as much as I think you could. Not that you're not doing good work or anything, just that I hope you have confidence in your fine-tuned science skills (you're a very competent and patient player!), and that I'd really like new players or people trying to learn to be able to interact with you since I think you're very chill to be around and talk to, as Drago mentioned. You add a good dimension of being here to have fun to the community, coupled with insightful science thoughts and good and thoughtful RP on Morty!

RE: Serrano(Mac Moris) Mentor Application - Flourish - 06-27-2021

Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're strongly encouraged to reapply in the future (anytime after 60 days, which would be August 26)!