Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Testing the waters - expanding hypospray whitelist with MD access
(10-28-2020, 08:15 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think one thing I really wanted to express was the idea that a head unlocking something would be a kind of equivalent to opening the armory, something that is an immediate benefit to a crisis situation for the whole department while being potentially dangerous and loudly announcing it has happened.
I'm curious then what you were thinking of with your idea. Medbay crises tend to be of the explosive nature and there's not much cooperation between doctors. This was also meant to help with that. :P

(10-29-2020, 05:50 AM)Mouse Wrote: Maybe relate it to the restricted medicine lockers and crates then?  While I am of the opinion that the hypospray whitelist needs to be reworked, a lot of the medicines that aren't on it are not on it for extremely good reasons.
 I'm curious, what do you think should change about the whitelist?

I'd like to note this isn't blanket expanding the whitelist, but something that requires head intervention. Whether it's an ID swipe or a restricted med thing, that wouldn't change much.

(10-29-2020, 05:13 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: the thing you need to keep in mind with these chems is "How good would this be if someone walked up to me and hit me with 30 units of it with no means for me to react?"
--snip--
Lowering the injection limit was more or less the first suggestion made here, along with increasing the time between injections. IDK how to feel about the second one, but it's probably a reasonable thing to include.(From what I've experienced heparin overdose isn't exactly lethal BTW, I'm not sure about filgrastim or proconvertin.)

My concern at this point is also whether people would actually weaponise this stuff. I suspect that a bunch of traitors either don't know chem stuff well enough to capitalise on this, or they already know much more lethal shit that they prefer. It's also worthy to note that the MD already starts with a gun that shoots haloperidol, and that didn't get used for bad stuff much last I played.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Testing the waters - expanding hypospray whitelist with MD access - by BatElite - 10-30-2020, 04:46 AM