Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShotgunBill, Goon 2, 1/19/2020
Admin Name:ShotgunBill
Server: Goonstation 2
Date/Time: About 2:50 EST 1/19/2020
Synopsis: I'd like to preface this by saying that I understand that moderating this community is difficult and that people get mad/misunderstandings happen etc etc.

Alright, with that out of the way, here it goes.

I like to play both sides of the power balance on the station. I play security a good 80% of the time and have gotten accustomed to the rules, the regulations, whats culturally acceptable and whats not etc. I'll admit that for the past two years I've only played in spells, but I make sure to keep track of whats current on the wiki and if there has been any rule changes or shifts in how security plays.

Today I rolled mechanic in a gang round and, as all hell broke loose, I decided to say "Fuck it" and create some chaos on my own by breaking into security and the armory and advertising it to the gangs. I fully expected to be tazed, arrested, and brigged for at least 3 minutes if I was caught. I was being a little shit, but thats what SS13 is all about. I have arrested and embarrassed hundreds of little shits and its part of the fun. You're only executed if you're a verified traitor or outwardly violent to the point of being murderous.

(I'm getting to the point I just felt like it was necessary to give some background)

What I didn't expect was to be strangled to death and thrown in a locker with 4 other corpses by a security officer. I sent in an adminhelp because if I was a security officer or an HoS on Friday I wouldn't want that kind of person on my team, as all security officers should *At least* get permission from the captain before performing executions on arrested crew members, especially permanent ones that don't involve borging.  

Shotgunbill did not agree with me that that behavior was inappropriate, and that's all fine with me. Its your server to run, and if we aren't playing by those rules anymore than alright (although I do wish the wiki was updated if its the case that security officers have more license to just go absolutely ham). What I have a problem with is the OOC shit-talking I received after the round. 

Once the credits rolled around people immediately began complaining about this security officer, and Shotgunbill said they did an excellent job. I joined the chorus of voices by saying "I'll agree to disagree with you Bill" and was responded to with a snarky and in depth description of what I adminhelped about broadcasted to the server. 

I understand that every admin has their own beliefs on how the game should run, that the culture is ever shifting, and that less or more shitbaggery is tolerated at different times, but I believe that we can have those conversations in a less hostile way.

Messages In This Thread
ShotgunBill, Goon 2, 1/19/2020 - by MamuelMamington - 01-19-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: ShotgunBill, Goon 2, 1/19/2020 - by Gerhazo - 01-19-2020, 01:33 PM