Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Pod Sensors: Active target tracking and gps coordinate locating
(05-11-2019, 04:34 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: That's what I meant, a scanner in the same way that the pod direction scanner in this works.

Pod scanners also don't find people inside containers, which makes the traitor cargo teleporter extremely frustrating to deal with.

This is kind of a conundrum for me. After thinking about it, I have to agree, there should definitely be a way for a kindly pilot to search for mobs in space that have been cargo teleportered.

But I also feel that hiding in a locker or crate should block a scanner from locating you, like how it shields you from radstorm radiation.

But there should be a reasonable way to find someone who has been cargo-teleported without having to do some pda nonsense.

While I was writing that last sentence, I just came up with an idea of how it could possibly work for standard scanners (I still don't want to add human active tracking on standard scanners):
  • Display direction to mob in the "Scan Area" listĀ if they are within half of your sensor radius.
  • If a mob is in a crate or locker, disguise the name as "unknown" or "human life sign".
My other option was to see if any metal walls are in between the ship and the mob, and not draw it if there is. But that is extremely expensive compared to what I said above.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Feature] Pod Sensors: Active target tracking and gps coordinate locating - by kyle2143 - 05-25-2019, 01:16 AM