Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wraiths, revenants, and souls.
Wraith is a weird gamemode. On the one hand, it has a decent spare of power and if you can't salt it, it can fuck you up, if sometimes slowly. You have virtually zero tools to fight it besides just shooting it when it manifests and laying salt piles (incidentally, salt is very annoying to actually use, you have to swap it between multiple containers if you're doing the salt shaker method).

On the other hand, the Wraith has very little actual OPTIONS in the way of killing you (read: animate/command objects, and that's it for 90% of the time). Sure, it has Revenants, but they have an absolutely enormous cooldown and are time-limited (that time shortening even faster if they're beat up). Even the spooky-haunting-effects power has a cooldown, and that one's labelled NOT to have a cooldown. If a wraith gets a goodly amount of points/point generation from corpses, they have very little ability to spend that on anything since every ability has a big fucking cooldown before it can be used, regardless of the wraith's power level.

So I would be in favor of more shit for the Wraith to do, since the only thing that actually scares me is if it pops off a Revenant and nobody is prepared to fight it. At the same time, I'd also like more variety/ability in fighting it-- ghostbusting equipment and so on. It seems to more or less be the wraith whittling down incompetent crew, or the thing getting instantly bodied because it touched salt and everyone had eguns.

EDIT: I like the idea of the 'wraith becomes a horrible disaster-round shadow god'. Maybe its manifestation into unlimited power has an effect-- something tethers it to that power, like some kind of pylons or evil signs that the crewmen have to hunt down and destroy/consecrate in order to weaken the wraith and banish it back to hell (with a rather concerted effort).

Messages In This Thread
Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Lady Birb - 09-10-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Erev - 09-10-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Lady Birb - 09-10-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by misto - 09-11-2016, 05:07 AM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Nnystyxx - 09-11-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Lady Birb - 09-11-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Nnystyxx - 09-12-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by misto - 09-12-2016, 07:02 AM
RE: Wraiths, revenants, and souls. - by Lady Birb - 09-12-2016, 02:36 PM