Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
rework materials from the ground up
Keelin Wrote:If anyone has an idea on how to make it easier to work with the material types without allowing people to create supermaterials of organic-crystalclothmetal, i'd very much appreciate it
I didn't really explain my idea very well in my post, but having clothing that only has some of the stats active will essentially balance things out. I'll explain in full:
A) Supermaterials such as cloth composites will only be possible by constant smelting of the cloth with various high quality ores. This should be the case if your average "cloth" material isn't going to have a high stat in shear strength for example, so it will require the above process.
B) Take the example of the Plain uniform/suit - 

Quote:Will apply some thermal conductivity + flammability + permeability + various armor strengths. Only aesthetic difference between uniform and suit. 

Emphasis on the word some. A certain % of the cloths above stats will be applied to it, not all. This makes an armored tank uniform not possible, but with enough work you can make a decent uniform that's hardy.
While checking out the Armored glove - 

Quote:Will apply some of the various armor strengths. Cannot be insulated. 
Will only apply a % of the armored effects. Will nullify all other stats such as thermal conductivity + flammability, etc. This means an armored glove only has specific use in armoring yourself, and is balanced out that way.

Messages In This Thread
rework materials from the ground up - by Nnystyxx - 08-08-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-09-2016, 03:52 AM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by BBEG - 08-13-2016, 09:40 AM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-11-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-11-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Erik - 08-14-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by BBEG - 08-17-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: rework materials from the ground up - by Sundance - 08-22-2016, 12:19 PM