Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the pay wall on cloning
First off, you guys forgot about the fact that everyone gets a free clone right off the bat. Zero charge. The second one costs $2,500 and not $2,500,000.

Second off, think about how often you actually get cloned. Maybe once every three or four rounds, if you're lucky. Now think about how often you get cloned TWICE in a round. That's barely ever going to happen.

Thirdly, if you put your starting cash in your bank account, by the time you've been able to die twice you've probably earned enough money to get cloned through paychecks. Maybe not as a staff assistant, but then maybe you can pick pocket a head or something for some easy cash. Obtaining money really isn't that difficult.

Fourth, I think this change is really cool. It gives money some value for a change, and makes you think "Can I unload my paycheck into this vending machine in order to buy meds? Or will this prevent me from being able to be cloned?" It adds a new dynamic to cash that didn't exist before, as most players in a round hardly even did anything with their cash. I'd even go so far as to say that I'd like to see the "One Free Clone" thing removed.

Lastly, whether or not the "One Free Clone" is removed, slap an easy way to pump money into someone's account next to the cloner. That may if someone doesn't have enough cash to be cloned some generous medical doctors, geneticists, or any of the people loitering around medbay can help pay for them. Maybe make it so that when you swipe your card/insert credits into the cloning console that it has a backup account, it'll ask you how much you want to deposit into it when you swipe, and then when it's time for cloning, the console will first check the dead guy's account, and if they don't have enough, it'll try to pull as much as it needs from the backup account. If you DO remove the one free clone option, it would be cool if the HoP or someone with access could transfer funds into it in the same way that they can transfer funds into the research budget.

Messages In This Thread