Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more traitors per round
Convair880 Wrote:I agree with the notion that the current antagonist-to-crew ratio is too low, especially when there are 20+ players on the server. They often die quickly or end up doing little mischief (or simply go braindead) and the late-join picker doesn't always do a reliable job of replacing them. The RNG idea could work, but I have an alternative suggestion. How about replacing some of the miscreants with hard mode traitors, who can't order Syndicate gear? The code already exists and works fine. The way I see it:

- Many people don't bother with their miscreant objectives anyway.
- However, they might go out of their way to cause trouble when they actually have a licence to go hog wild!
- More chaos, but not more rampage items.

So, a round with 30 players could feature 2x Bad Guys, 1x hard mode traitor and 1x miscreant instead of 2-0-2, which appears to be the typical amount at the moment. The RNG shouldn't assign hard mode traitors for low-pop rounds (~10 guys) though, as more than one fully-fledged antagonist would probably be problematic.

I like this idea, but I'm not sure it will have the effect of "more traitoring, but not necessarily more rampaging"; there's a plethora of traitor items knowledgeable players can get their hands on and even semi-knowledgeable players have access to materials, without traitor gear, that can bring a station to its literal knees.

That said, I still support this idea; miscreants almost never do their objectives or they tend to take them a little too seriously, so this could be a potential outlet.

Also, expanding use/using zombies and werewolves more would be a nice touch; both of these roles are almost completely absent from gameplay, despite both having unique ways to play as and against them.

Messages In This Thread