Feedback Goonstation Admin Team
(10-05-2024, 10:21 AM)LeahTheTech Wrote:
Quote:What I see strongly suggests that there is some sort of internal disagreement among the admin team, one that has been going on for a very long time and which has gotten very heated.  We, the players - we don't really see any of it.

I can say that this is 100% not the case at the moment. I wasn't around for any of the Pope stuff so I can't really comment on it, but Zamujasa's removal was an exceptional case that was a long time coming and is not (as far as I can see) emblematic of any deeper issues among us (ඞ) as a team.

We do of course disagree and argue but frankly we're the most united we've been in a while at the moment. There is no hidden war or conspiracy, there's just us doing our best.

Hi I'd like to comment on this myself since I *was* around for all of the examples in this reply post and I do feel like I have some insights. My post isn't Admin Team talking it's just Me and My Words as Flaborized etc etc

I think in the future if somebody leaves on very unamiable terms we're going to be much more likely to publicly share about it like how we've been with the zamu stuff, though I'm doubtful we have much to gain going into the weeds on the past old happenings at this point. I appreciate the prose about bandages and wounds and stuff but I would generally say that each person walking out/being removed has felt like a decently isolated incident with its own unique circumstances, though maybe with a few things in common. The most notable thing IMO would be that there was *obviously* unresolved tension between the person who left/was removed and other admins. Like, you could feel people lashing out at each other and there being a background of hostility. Fortunately that feeling is basically entirely absent at the moment, everyone seems to get along pretty well which is maybe the first time I've been able to say that without having some exceptions in mind.

To sort of corroborate Leah, I'd agree fully that we feel pretty dang unified now. I think at a certain point in the last few years you probably could (if you were being reductive) say that there was a "big schism" in the admin team, but at this point everyone has either chilled out with each other or left. We're not a monolith that all have the same views on everything, but I think everyone who is an admin right now is very respectful in admin spaces, and we'd all be on pretty high alert for developing problems akin to what we've had before.

Having been an admin for a little over five years, I've watched the admin team get less and less willing to fight with each other. Because it's exhausting and nobody who's still on it *wants* to fight. We're all here to contribute in some way to a game we love and admin drama is very far from that. So uh, I wouldn't say the festering wound metaphor thing feels very accurate at all from the perspective of someone who has a pretty complete understanding of the events of the last few years. I won't promise rainbows and sunshine or anything because I can't really see the future but I think you can rest assured that we won't explode into nothingness randomly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by klushy225 - 10-04-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by ZeWaka - 10-04-2024, 06:04 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Flaborized - 10-04-2024, 06:45 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by LeahTheTech - 10-04-2024, 07:58 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Cropsey - 10-04-2024, 11:38 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Cal - 10-05-2024, 01:32 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Carton - 10-05-2024, 05:54 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Mouse - 10-05-2024, 08:52 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by MrLilRobot - 10-05-2024, 09:52 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Lefinch - 10-05-2024, 10:01 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by LeahTheTech - 10-05-2024, 10:21 AM