Feedback Goonstation Admin Team
Sorry to input on this but I believe it's relevant to say. In regard to the lack of communication with the community some things are best left undiscussed for the sake of the people involved, especially people impacted by things that have happened for their own mental health. There are absolutely reasons why people are denied from positions of power and that's not everyone's business. I don't think the community should have a say on the matter if someone should or should not gain positions of power or should or should not be banned, the rules should be enforced even with people who are bigger faces in the community. Opinion being passed on HoS/mentor apps are nice but at the end of the day as ZeWaka nicely said, you may not fully know what people you’re friendly with are truly like.
Is there room for the admins to improve? Sure, but honestly there’s room for us to improve too. A recent attempt from Jan to communicate with the community to reassure people on points regarding rule 4 and romance was honestly distressing to see. The reaction from a few of the community was gross and I personally think shameful. The day that notable faces in the community don’t get banned or given consequences for acting inappropriately or breaking the rules the rest of us follow in fear of public backlash and hate towards the admin team is the day I’ll never come back to this server.
We need to remember they are people too as you’ve mentioned; people who have lives, families, jobs and emotions. Yes, the admins have an expectation of work even as volunteers, but I don’t believe we see quite the scope of the work they do already as an outsider looking in. Maybe town hall meetings should start up so problems can be addressed in a better and healthier manner and so community voices can be heard instead? Or as mentioned a community manager. People shouldn’t feel like they can’t talk to admins about things in fear of backlash and knowing some of the admins here I know that’s not the attitude they want people to have. They’re where they are in my opinion because they care about the community.
If anything is taken away from this, I hope it’s the town hall part because I feel it would be a really cute and nice way for the community and admins to be heard and communicate better than what’s happening now. Sorry if I made any grammatical errors, I’m eepy and thanks for the post :> <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by klushy225 - 10-04-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by ZeWaka - 10-04-2024, 06:04 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Flaborized - 10-04-2024, 06:45 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by LeahTheTech - 10-04-2024, 07:58 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Cropsey - 10-04-2024, 11:38 PM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Cal - 10-05-2024, 01:32 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Carton - 10-05-2024, 05:54 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Mouse - 10-05-2024, 08:52 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by MrLilRobot - 10-05-2024, 09:52 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by Lefinch - 10-05-2024, 10:01 AM
RE: Goonstation Admin Team - by LeahTheTech - 10-05-2024, 10:21 AM