Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal
(06-21-2024, 05:38 PM)meaow589 Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 09:52 AM)Scaltra Wrote:
(06-20-2024, 06:36 PM)meaow589 Wrote: Geothermal is fine if we have atleast one engineer work from it since 2-3 of it is enough to generate power to 3 smes and yes if we have other department help should be great like mining. Also Oshan is regular place that people might start singulo instead of hotspot in case they don’t like hospot.and the thing that look like solar for sea map is erh.. no one touching it so if you really want to improve thing in sea map you should start with that.

I think you may be a bit mistaken the catalytic engine  is not on Oshan. That is a Nadir exclusive thing. Oshan has no solar alternative that I am aware of.
That exactly what I mean there is nothing like that in there and Oshan should have something like that.

(06-21-2024, 09:52 AM)Scaltra Wrote:
(06-20-2024, 06:36 PM)meaow589 Wrote: Geothermal is fine if we have atleast one engineer work from it since 2-3 of it is enough to generate power to 3 smes and yes if we have other department help should be great like mining. Also Oshan is regular place that people might start singulo instead of hotspot in case they don’t like hospot.and the thing that look like solar for sea map is erh.. no one touching it so if you really want to improve thing in sea map you should start with that.

I think you may be a bit mistaken the catalytic engine  is not on Oshan. That is a Nadir exclusive thing. Oshan has no solar alternative that I am aware of.
That exactly what I mean there is nothing like that in there and Oshan should have something like that.

ahh I getcha, yeah maybe that can help. I see way more people that I have talked to bugged by the damage and the frequency of needing to do nothing besides repairs and moving hotspots off the station. There is more pressure to get a hotspot going right away but honestly it isn't that tough to get one real quick for station power

(06-21-2024, 04:15 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: the game specifically tries to avoid putting hotspots on the station and in my experience the damage to the station is pretty minimal unless someone is actively trying to buff them.

solving it is as "simple" as just bringing a stomper over and giving the hotspot a gentle nudge to somewhere it'll cause less problems, like genetics or off-station

Some shifts have been like that and it is that simple, others the miners are going ham and completely buffing a hotspot accidentally or an engineer says to mine X hotspot and mining decides to mine all of them. Like when it is just...burnt tiles and a bomp away I don't care. When it becomes tedious and multiple are breaching the station (which happens more often than not in my experience), is more so what bugs me and doesn't feel that simple. I know other engineer players I have talked to also just aren't a fan of those disaster situations that just seem to happen a lot on Oshan. Like a singularity becoming loose is an easy fix once it is busted and you just repair, TEG you put out whatever fire. Hotspots are numerous and are boosted by mining simply doing exactly what they should be doing and not paying attention to the honestly easy-to-miss sparks or not caring. 

I think there is more to people not liking ocean and geothermal stuff past just not understanding it

Messages In This Thread
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Scaltra - 06-20-2024, 04:22 PM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Scaltra - 06-21-2024, 06:05 PM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by mbc - 06-24-2024, 07:47 PM