Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal
(06-21-2024, 10:36 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: oshan's engineering is fine imo, people just don't know how the engine works or don't care. it's not hard to set up and a single hotspot without any bonuses will easily power the station indefinitely

some thoughts:

- falling in the trench is usually a death trap because you can't get back out. space is a death trap too but you have to get flung off the station level for that and space is open, the trench is very closed

- flooding sucks but flooding is also pretty minor all considered. it's annoying but a lot less harmful than a spaced hallway

shrug

That is true, in my experience though either the station runs mostly okay and it is like any other map. Or, and often times it is more likely as the round goes on. 

Mining either oblivious to the damage they are causing or don't really care opened up a crap ton of hotspots and are on station causing breaches and problems for everyone. 

Which is why one of my starter ideas is some way for mining to more deliberately open hotspots instead if it being something passive people just do.

That is another problem I have with hotspots is oftentimes they cause more trouble than any antagonist and damage things everywhere. 

Like nadir has a passive threat with its acid ocean, people leverage it to cause trouble and make things difficult. Hotspots are just a force of nature that seem to really irritate people. I am grumped at a fair bit on oshan for the stuff hotspots do or how they are delt with. Dealing with one once it is somewhere and it is bad is also rough because you either decide to pin it and it is delt with for now till a new one may or may not show up and be even worse because of it. Or send it off to  some corner of the map but it will destroy more stuff as it leaves and it feels like people get mad at you for whatever you choose because they don't  know how it works. 

I just don't think the absolute default for oshan should be as destructive as it is and require so much maintenance from engineering. Including miners in that who are just trying to do do job actively making things even more damaging.

Messages In This Thread
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Scaltra - 06-20-2024, 04:22 PM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Scaltra - 06-21-2024, 11:12 AM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by mbc - 06-24-2024, 07:47 PM