Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal
(06-21-2024, 01:25 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: This means that engineering will have to handle much fewer hotspots at a time. And neither antags nor engineers are hampered by the mechanics. Lastly, why would BT build the damn station and not pin the hotspots at the construction side???

Budget Cuts.

But in all fairness, I think the hotspot engine is "okay" at best. It's the weakest way to generate power as once it's setup it's enough, but the only way to make it better is by stacking hotspots wich a hassle!

The belt hell power supply is a cool mechanic even if I do not understand any of it... (I have yet to make that one work for me)
And since it takes away my attention from hot spots in the station or fixing.. I more often ignore it.

In my opinion... I am fine with hotspots bubbling up in the station, but then I want a console that shows and tracks them constantly.

But honestly, I want more interaction and tools with the hotspots we farm. Or ways to reroute hot spots then just "Stomping and pinning them"

But that's just me... I have not much to think off. My problem with Oshan comes that hot spots are just annoying.
And while the system is cool and all. There has to be a way for engineering and mining to work together to control the hot spots better.. like maybe engineering can install pipes in the trench to divert the hot spots to a location they want.

Messages In This Thread
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Scaltra - 06-20-2024, 04:22 PM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Kotlol - 06-21-2024, 02:48 AM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by mbc - 06-24-2024, 07:47 PM