Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal
My main problem with Oshan is just that there's usually no or very few engineers on rounds w/ it (speaking from a classic experience), moreso than other maps, and that it's way more of a negative effect on the round to not have those engineers. No solars means without geothermal setup there's NO power, and hotspots nearly always mean that several areas end up breached. Shifts on oshan nearly always seem to end with a pretty early shuttle call, because the combination of tons of breaches + no power is just exhausting on top of the usual antag pressure. I don't play engineer on Oshan myself because of all the hassle with running around dealing with getting into access-locked departments and around walls to try and figure out where the hell the hotspot that's half destroyed security is. Part of that could just be lack of experience making it harder for me to understand the readouts to find the answer quickly, but it doesn't really matter: in the end, I'm just not going to play engineering on oshan. I love the map, and I want to vote for it, but knowing there's likely to be those power and hotspot problems due to understaffing usually stops me from doing so when there's so many other maps I like that don't have them.

All of your suggestions seem like a fine basework to me. I'm not the most knowledgeable about the current state of hotspot code, but giving things more feedback/QOL and making them more intentional sounds like they'd be good steps to me.

Messages In This Thread
Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by Scaltra - 06-20-2024, 04:22 PM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by JOELED - 06-20-2024, 06:09 PM
RE: Improvements to Oshan and Geothermal - by mbc - 06-24-2024, 07:47 PM