Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[PR] Removes the ability to emag cyberogans with damage
It certainly does sound like "powergamer territory" at the moment. I don't think that's reason to huck a mechanic into the dumpster that could genuinely be interesting, though.
(07-28-2023, 04:52 PM)DummySian Wrote: Powergamers can always find loopholes... Indysuit slowdown or light engi suit requiring additional materials didnt become a problem for them after all...
Unless you nerf it to the ground or fully remove it, it will still continue to be a problem imo
I think the solution I propose solves it being powergamey while still making it worth the investment of installing the emagged organ in the first place. Would you disagree? Because I think making a mechanic less able to stack with itself is exactly the solution needed here, without outright removing the mechanic. I don't think removing the mechanic completely for nonantags is a good solution, but rather a band-aid for a mechanic that is too strong. There are many to-be-powergamed mechanics that can be fixed with their removal, but I believe it to be infinitely better to still allow the people not abusing it to have fun with it. (RIP chemgroups)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes the ability to emag cyberogans with damage - by Meggal Bozale - 07-30-2023, 12:56 PM