Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[PR] Removes the ability to emag cyberogans with damage
(07-25-2023, 06:05 AM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: This could definitely be handled like how genetics got nerfed, seeing as the two are similar on some level. To stop people from getting all the cool powers with minimal effort, there could be a stability level that makes cyberorgans do Bad Things once you go below 100%. Organs emagged with an actual card shouldn't deduct stability, just so you can spend the 6tc for cool stuff.
I'm thinking like Jim the Roboticist has you on the table and installs an emagged cyberliver into you. You go from 110% to 100%, so nothing bad happens with it. Then, Jim adds another emagged part. Now you're at 90%. So now and again, when your cyberliver converts ethanol into omnizine, there's a small chance it turns some into, oh, I dunno, cyanide? But when Jim adds a regular cyberappendix, it's still 90%. And if Jim is a traitor and uses an EMAG on your to-be cyberlungs, it's STILL 90%. This would make stacking emagged cyberorgans as nonantag a risk, but regular cyberorgan surgery and traitor emagged cyberorgan surgery go unaffected.

Shit, that's good. Just like genetics you could also make the much better parts cost more if crew emagged. I don't think this would fix the problem with people rushing to emag their organs, they'd just pick the best ones within the limitations, but it's a real good leap in the right direction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes the ability to emag cyberogans with damage - by Dhaidburt - 07-27-2023, 07:40 PM