Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases
(04-10-2023, 09:08 PM)nefarious6th Wrote: i've always been meh on arcfiend as a gamemode because of the high-evasiveness and the really low...momentum for confrontation? arcfiends tend to sort of slurp up energy and then decide on the shuttle to chain stun people as their big villainous act.

tbh i dont see anything wrong with wirehopping specifically. from an arcfiend POV, power drain from per second use of wirehopping felt like enough to manage especially since i found movement on wires to be pretty rough and nonfluid. from a sec standpoint, i find chases pretty fun. i think having to play ahead of the curve with cutting wires is fun. as an engineer, i've never minded mending, it's something to do and re-wiring takes no time at all with instant cable laying.

what the chase does do is something that baba and glowbold mention: it makes other departments relevant. enlist their help more often.
it's not exciting confrontational ling-like gameplay as sec, but is it meant to always be that? even though it's not my favorite, i think there's a value in antag feels not being "same-y"

An issue here is if an arcfiend just sits in the wire.it would take 10 minutes nearly for their power to run out. Arcs often just sit there so sec can't follow their trajectory unless sec start pulling up floor tiles. So it turns into this...game of just sitting there waiting.  Or sec tearing the floor off. Which then means sec needs to carry insuls and hacking tools, basically,  which we are strongly encouraged to not do.

I fully agree that i don't necessarily want samey antags but i don't want what amounts to non engaging.antags either. And especially with the growing trend of "break every door" gameplay its encouraging a gameplay loop of "kill them if you have a chance" or as i've seen sometimes on classic "who cares they're boring "

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases - by Silent Majority - 04-11-2023, 06:08 AM