Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases
(04-11-2023, 04:46 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Holy crap the typo demon took a hold of this one. 
That said... it's a fair assesment that it is the best NON MURDERING ANTAG, but I fully agree. You can do some fun silly stuff as one.
My PROBLEM is the fact as you mention it... "Best to ignore em"
But they are antagging, but ti's wasted energy for both...

It's like ignoring an antag breaking into engineering for tools.. cause why waste energy? he's gonna do it again and it doesnt do much harm.

If the best course of action of an antagonist doing antagonist things is "IGNORE IT" then that's a flawed design. Remember that draining power is an antagonistic thing to do.. just cause they don't kill doesn't mean they don't crime.
Antagonists do not have to kill to be antagonists, they can also cause a muck or steal money or turn the whole station into chaos or even take control of the station like a dictator without spilling a drop of blood, but they still do crimes to get their ways.

And before you say: "Well normal players do this too if they aren't antagonists." I'd go yes.. and they should be thrown into the brig as well or Ahelped.

I have the same problem with "Weed" in botany. Since technically in game it's a CONTRABAND, but it's ignored by security cause it is done a lot and is funny. But technically... the captain decides if it's legal or not.

Eitherway... if the arcfiend is best ignored.. why should it be an antagonist then? why should it sneak around and drain energy? 
That is the problem right now.. if it's all just a waste of time of both to engage in Antag vs Security.. then that's a flaw.

Yeah, sorry, this is a serious problem when i write longer post on mobile. Too fat fingers for my phone :<

While yes, this is petty crime, greytiding or stealing (stealing power included) is not something you waste 15 minutes on.

We are talking about an arcfiend accumulating energy but doing absolutely nothing with it. It's not really flawed, but the player is not doing their role as antag.

Driving a round.

The spief that steals ramdom stuff but does not do anything with it is the exact thing. The difference is the latter just being more stealthy and not that obvious. This is why security does not feel like going after inactive spiefs. Or even recognize there is one.

It's not really flawed by design. It is the old problem of the inactive antag.

I mean, that's a design problem, but one of the whole concept of antags in general.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases - by Lord_earthfire - 04-11-2023, 05:52 AM