Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases
(04-10-2023, 09:08 PM)nefarious6th Wrote: 1 - what the chase does do is something that baba and glowbold mention: it makes other departments relevant. enlist their help more often.

2 - it's not exciting confrontational ling-like gameplay as sec, but is it meant to always be that? even though it's not my favorite, i think there's a value in antag feels not being "same-y"

1: if this worked we'd see it actually being done, but arcfiends will zap through a department in 3 seconds, while hiring someone to help from said department for 10 seconds takes longer than that (and wastes yet another crewmembers' time).
what actually ends up happening is the captain, HoP and HoS become the only people actually able to do anything.

2: this whole thread is about how sec teams i manage are very clearly frustrated and bored by arcfiends. i'd hazard only 40% of the regulars I play with are even willing to engage arcfiends these days. 
this thread is not 'remove non-confrontational gameplay', it is 'this current implementation of non-confrontational gameplay is making people bored and frustrated' and as far as i can see, nobody disagrees.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases - by TDHooligan - 04-11-2023, 05:33 AM