Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases
To be honest, if the archfiend is just eating apc's and leave them alone... why do you even need to hunt them? A running/regaining arcfiend is just not one that is actively antagging, and that would be enough for me. At least from the engineer-perspective, an arcfiend just doesnt make much problems, the apcs recharge quick and maybe i have to fix one or two when they got greedy. Even for a normal crewmember an apc snacking arcfiend is just... not a problem?

Not engaging makes them often just eat sone stuff, realize they got no idea what to do and begin rampaging on the shuttle. Same result, just less wasted energy.

Now, for playing arcfiend, it's, besides traitor, my favorite antag type to play. And the only non-human antag i have checked. Arcfiend has a very flashy and loud kit and i don't think this a problem. In the other hand, it is a very utility focussed kit.

You have radio disabling and enhanced access via wire hopping. You can use these for all kind of antagging. And if it goes sideays, you can start using the big and flashy guns. This antag is great for gimmicks: don't need to kill for powers, so got plenty of time for silly shenanigans.

I can see arcfiend being problematic for people who want to rely on their amtag gear ir abilities. For an arcfiend, relying on your abilities only is what i would call a mistake.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases - by Lord_earthfire - 04-11-2023, 04:36 AM