Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases
Arcfiends are not fun to chase if they know what they're doing at the minute - if they've got a wire and they are in a room with multiple outs, it's impossible to catch them unless you make the conscious decision to cut multiple pieces of wire (even then, it's not easy to be certain you've caught them) - additionally, you make an awful job for Engineering cleaning your failed attempts up.

As HoS I've mostly noticed arcfiends are either new & caught immediately, or are competent, and send the team on a 60+ minute chase. Some maps are way, way worse than others (Nadir has a lot of very access-restricted rooms with 2 outs for wires)

Functionally every security team I've been playing with (myself included) have been demoralized by this. I'm having a hard time encouraging security to engage with it. It's not a fun chase for security officers, who have to fight through access requirements to even *attempt* chase - Most players seem like they're only continuing out of raw obligation to stop the arcfiend ruining everyone else's rounds, rather than because they're having fun.

What's even more frustrating as these arcfiends don't actually kill anyone. When we do catch them, I end up in a position where letting them go will make several players' rounds much worse, but it's super excessive to actually execute them for destroying like 4-5 APCs. Perhaps admins will back the  decision if I did make it, but I'd totally sympathise with a player thinking it was excessive.

I'd like to hear some other short takes from other players to see if it's not just me and the teams I've played with lately.

Messages In This Thread
Adjust arcfiend wirehopping ability & chases - by TDHooligan - 04-09-2023, 03:10 PM