Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A serious discussion about the state of monkeys
(10-10-2022, 07:15 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Now, the reason I broach this subject is because I'd personally really like to make some pull requests addressing these issues, but I felt like there's little to no reason doing so if there's not at least some form of consensus of what people think.

Which issues? Monkeys unable to speak without translator? Translator needing the mask slot? Monkeys having advantages at breaking and entering or combat? Monkeys being not avaible at roundstart?

I don't see anything of this as an issue that need to be adressed at all. These are very specific up- and downside to make monkeys an interesting mutation. That give them their specific appeal. To be honest, i would maybe give them a 1.3 multiplier for incoming brute and burn damage, so they are more fragile to give them a harsher downside in classic but that's it.

And monkeys are 100% not working crew personal. People should not mind them dying from the get go, they are not obligated for services like medbay. They have to prove themselves by being communicative and worthwhile. And i got no problems suplexingand table slam a monkey player if they are a nuessance in my department on RP. For humanoids i rather call security.

In short: i treat them like npc monkeys if i cannot differentiate their behavior from them.

All these things give monkeys a very special role, and this is why i don't think they should changed. I would even advocate to make more mutraces more diverse, because they are far to generic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A serious discussion about the state of monkeys - by Lord_earthfire - 10-10-2022, 08:29 PM