Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
[CLOSED PR] replace disarm roll with shove
(06-27-2021, 09:25 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: rng is not inherently bad.

rng is not inherently evil.
This.  I understand that people seem to be upset when the stars don't align their way but if the story played out the same way EVERY single time I think that isn't nearly as interesting.  Things should favor the skilled/prepared but the opportunity always have a chance is exciting.

(06-27-2021, 09:42 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Let me give ya'll a primo gameplay tip on how to use melee weapons.
That kinda feels like a great way to bypass the combat system.  Also it reminds me of playing GunZ: The Duel except with less hand cramping.  Having disarm favor/follow targeted limb could help with active hand swapping.  The addition of a minuscule cooldown on stowing/moving an item used could deal with removing the ability for the defender to respond in some fashion.  But.... I feel like I'm off topic. 

(06-27-2021, 05:15 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Just make it use the stamina system instead of removing it for not using the stamina system.
Factoring in Stamina, Force, and possibly weight-class/size make a lot of sense for the ability to disarm someone.  It is much easier to smack an object out of someone's hand with a bat compared to a lot of other objects.  And someone blocking with a shield or something should be able to hold out for a little while before becoming exhausted/overwhelmed by their assailant(s).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] replace disarm roll with shove - by Ikea - 06-27-2021, 09:23 AM
RE: [PR] replace disarm roll with shove - by Cal - 06-27-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: [PR] replace disarm roll with shove - by Azrun - 06-28-2021, 08:50 AM