AleksAdamska's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Ella Presley/Hecksley, Marmalade Addison, Jimmy Twotoes, Amelia Danger, Miles Away
BYOND username: AleksAdamska
Discord username: aleks
Recommended by (if applicable): Hokie, Avack, UrsulaMajor, Joefesok, SaccharineChampion
Goon servers you play: Mostly Goon 2, I'll occassionally hop on RP but not often.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): To tell the truth, I'm applying because helping people is one of the most fun things in this game to me. The greatest rounds I've had have been ones in which I've spent a round teaching a new player how to do something, and at the end of it all, I got to hear the metaphorical ding of the, also metaphorical, lightbulb appearing over their head as they have that "Aha!" moment where everything clicks for them. It's also satisfying seeing players grow and mature into seasoned veterans after they're no longer learning the very basics - I had a roboticist, upon learning how to make a borg, go on to do their damndest to borg any corpse they got their hands on in the following couple of rounds, which made me quite proud of them. I believe becoming a mentor and having access to a dedicated channel through which I can answer questions would be a natural extension of what I already enjoy doing in-game.

In terms of my experience, I'm primarily a medical player with security being my second most played department, and I'd like to think I'm fairly competent at both of these, having put quite a bit of time into all of the facets of medical (genetics, pathology, robotics, and doctoring itself), and played with quite a few experienced sec players that have shaped the way I play it myself. Research is a mixed bag - I understand telescience and a decent amount of chemistry, but advanced chem mixes and artifact research elude me for the moment - and engineering is certainly a dark spot in my knowledge, in that I can set up the TEG and mess around with very basic packet and mechcomp nerdery, but the actual mechanisms by which the TEG works aren't clear to me. However, I plan to rectify these gaps in my experience as I play the game more, and to pass that newfound knowledge onto others.

In summary, it is thanks to mentors and experienced players taking time out of their day to help me in understanding the game that I can even write about my experience, and so I'd like to give back to the community, and be that player for someone else.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

Messages In This Thread
AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by AleksAdamska - 09-20-2019, 02:14 AM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by Sov - 09-20-2019, 09:31 AM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by Avack - 09-20-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by MeWaka - 09-21-2019, 09:51 AM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by OMJ - 09-21-2019, 12:15 PM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by pali6 - 09-24-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by Ines - 09-24-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: AleksAdamska's Mentor Application - by NODZZ - 10-07-2019, 02:08 AM