Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Bump the shuttle ETD back to 3 minutes.
(07-23-2018, 09:03 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: just stop turbonerding

This is the kind of perspective I took issue with when I agreed with Dyssal about the "easy-sleazy try-hard winner" thing. When I'm trying eek in some last-minute clonings/borgings or squeeze in a few deep-frying sessions, it's not because I want to gain some sort of advantage or win against the antagonists. In the former case, it's because I want to help out those who were really bummed about dying; in the latter, it's because I want to make some great treats to share with people on the shuttle ride home; and in both cases, it's something I enjoy.

I'm sure it's a similar case with Dyssal, Eibel, and many of the other people who want a revert. We're not looking to gain an edge. We're looking to have and give everyone a good (or at least a less terrible) time before the round's over, and we want one extra minute, just one extra minute to do it.

I can understand if some people think the real issue is that some of us just can't manage our time correctly, that the system works and we're the ones that need to change. I can see the basis; in real life, if you missed the bus because you were busy, it's kind of your fault, you ought to try to finish in less time, and the bus shouldn't have to wait for you at the expense of people who are in hurry to get to their stop. I have to deal with this on a daily basis. If this idea dies and/or gets officially struck down, I wouldn't mind adapting.

But I think the system, or rather the change made to it, doesn't work. The reduction hasn't deterred antag shenanigans
for reasons Dyssal already explained. The one minute shaved off hasn't helped the people who take off at the docking alert (if the issue is that people aren't packing up soon enough, reducing the time they have really isn't the best solution--some sort of reminder/alert to get ready would be better) or people who've taken the whole 6 min ETA to prepare and get the station (one less minute of waiting is barely much of a change, unlike the 10->6 reduction).

(07-23-2018, 04:59 PM)Roomba Wrote: An idea for a compromise: in addition to being able to quicklaunch the shuttle early, heads can also delay the shuttle launch for up to one additional minute.

Also reduce the number of heads required to two because on lowpop rounds it's rare to have three heads at all, let alone all three in the cockpit and in agreement at the same time.

Both sound ideas that fit the needs of both camps. People who need/want to give people more time can ask for it, people who want to get out ASAP can still reduce the timer and block people who want more time, and both can do so easily.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump the shuttle ETD back to 3 minutes. - by Studenterhue - 07-23-2018, 10:05 PM