Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Bump the shuttle ETD back to 3 minutes.
(07-19-2018, 03:36 PM)Eibel Wrote: its more satisfying to try to really quickly fix it than to say fuck it and leave people and situations behind, and if we get left behind trying to do more than 3 minutes of work
Agreed, but I see no reason this should specifically be 3 minutes, over 2 minutes. There is a 6 minutes (2 if you discount the recall time) warning for the 2 minute sprint.

Really this is just a mindset adjustment: 7 minutes of faffing and 2+ minutes of running vs 6 minutes of faffing and 2 minutes of frantic running.
And it's not over if you miss the shuttle, you can still teleport on board, provided people have brought a tele-beacon.
One of my funnest rounds was dragging a corpse to escape, missing the shuttle, and then dragging the corpse all the way around.
(07-19-2018, 03:36 PM)Eibel Wrote: Im of the opinion that departure should be longer, even as non traitor crew, we can shorten the shuttle timer, so having it short by default makes that mechanic kind of useless in my opinion.

Lets make missing the shuttle your own fault, or an antag with good planning's fault, rather than a short timer's fault.
Good points.
Even when I have 3 valid IDs, I rarely have enough time to slot even 1 of them in before the timer drops below 60s.

Probably worth adding to the discussion: the real reason the ETD is now 2 minutes is so the recall-2-round-end time is exactly 10 minutes (6 for the shuttle to arrive, 2 to leave, 2 to travel).
It used to be exactly 15 minutes (10 for the shuttle to arrive, 3 to leave, 2 to travel). I'm not sure to what extent OCD is a design principle for goonstation, but in this case, it should not be used, if the result is frustrated players.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump the shuttle ETD back to 3 minutes. - by The Grim Sleeper - 07-19-2018, 10:45 PM