Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Bump the shuttle ETD back to 3 minutes.
(07-18-2018, 09:40 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 11:30 AM)DyssalC Wrote: I'm not seeing anyone saying why it should stay 2 minutes. Does anyone have any reasons it should stay 2 reasons?
The whole reason that times got reduced in the first place: People got bored (and, as you mentioned, killed) waiting around for the shuttle to arrive and then to leave.
Keeping it short will make the window of time to 'ruin it' shorter.

The real problem these people have isn't that it's too short, it's that they can't travel across the station in 2 minutes, and can't plan ahead for 6 minutes.
I've never missed the shuttle with the reduced timer, at least not when I tried to reach it.

I am honestly more in favor of making the journey time longer, so people can learn that all is not lost (see my previous post). But again, if easy sleasy wins out over try-hard-nerd-winner, that is fine too.

One minute longer is not going to turn the wait for departure into excruciating boredom, and also it's kind of hard to kill an entire shuttle full of people without a bomb, and honestly 2 minutes or 3 minutes isn't going to change how hard that bomb ruins the shuttle.

That is in fact not the real problem. When you play a hectic round you can't just drop what you're doing to prepare for the shuttle. You can't drop your dying patient just so you can board, you can't let the criminal get away just so you have time to navigate the cold breaches, and you can't just leave the AI subverted so you have just enough time to make it to the shuttle, which will likely be bolted and shocked anyways.

And finally, don't say things like "if easy sleasy wins out over try-hard-nerd-winner". It gives the impression that you're trying to turn this into an issue of "easy vs. hard" when that is not the case at all. The escape shuttle is not a competition, and it shouldn't be treated like one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump the shuttle ETD back to 3 minutes. - by DyssalC - 07-19-2018, 11:52 AM