Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition
(02-16-2018, 04:00 AM)Tombi Wrote: Kind of linking into the crime computer thing, there is a threat summary from HQ which is printed out every round in the bridge. In it's current position and state it's mostly unhelpful but if this was moved to print out in sec and reworked a bit I think it could be invaluable to the observant sec officer.
For instance, if there were multiple print outs, one at each 10 minute mark each updating info about the round. Each print out could provide more evidence / things to investigate about the gamemode/antags. Obviously ruining an antags round before they actually do anything is pretty shit so it should be made clear that you should not act without a justified reason.
(02-16-2018, 05:06 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I do prefer the crime computer idea since you do have to direct towards someone rather than have it passively give you information like the Centcom report.
But... Maybe instead of hinting at who or what the antags are, Centcom reports could just slowly clear other people as trusted persons.
I really really REALLY like the idea of actually making the Centcom report actually useful.
I also want the crime computer, but we need a quick fix right now and this is easy to implement (the damn print-outs already exist and there are printers all over the station).

(02-16-2018, 07:04 AM)SimianC Wrote: I think a Security Uplink, similar to the Syndicate Uplink traitor's have access to, would introduce some versatility to security and generally make the role more fun. Like the Syndicate Uplink, players would have access to a limited amount of NT Fun Bucks to purchase security items, items designed to increase their chances of survival and make them more capable of handling specific threats, rather than tools of outright murder. Giving sec players these options at round-start prevent the need to hunt for gear around the station.
Hmmm. At first I envisioned a PDA uplink like the one traitors have, and didn't like it. After re-reading, I am thinking more of a Uplink computer, like the one in the Syndicate shuttle. And I like that system very much! We could even recycle the same 'pool NT telecrystals for the really cool stuff' mechanic.

(02-16-2018, 06:08 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: A couple of smaller things I'd like
  • Flashlights on the Sec helmetsĀ 
    - YES PLEASE! FOR ALL UNHOLY GAWDS SAKE, THIS IS BROUGH UP IN EVERY SEC THREAD. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE THIS!!!!
  • A pair of night vision goggles
    - No strong feelings.
  • Either safer to use segways, or a patrol vehicle of some kind
    - Would love this.
  • A security lockdown switch, that changes door access levels to increase Sec access while limiting others
    - Do you mean like a 'Lockdown the Security Sector'-lockdown, like on the bridge, or a station-wide type thing? I like both, we need something to keep the grey-tide out of Security. And we also need better tools for cordeing off a section of the station.
  • A device for making impromptu barricades, such as a metal foam gun
    - A player can carry a stack of 50 steel sheets, which can be crafted into 16 girders. Less of a priority, but still nice to have something faster
  • Traps for slowing down and catching fleeing people. At the very least, a mousetrap box in Sec
    - I like this
  • A weapons registry to whitelist people for carrying certain contraband
    - Would like this, but I don't see how this would work in code. Would it be like 'swipe ID-card on the machine, gives it a weapon permit'-sort of thing?
  • Some kind of code system for quickly describing a situation (Hostiles, how many, what kind, armed, injuries, deaths, what kind of response desired, urgency, etc) probably an accompanying PDA program to help with it
    - I don't know. Security has already got a bit of a steep learning curve. Can you elaborate on how this greatly improves on copy-pasting a few lines from chat.
  • PDA program for lights and siren effect
    - I like this. If only so you can spot the rookie cops by them testing it out at round start.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-16-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by The Grim Sleeper - 02-16-2018, 09:41 AM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-23-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-26-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-26-2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 03-01-2018, 12:14 AM