Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread
Another thread has raised the topic of security's involvement in spies. Well in that case it wasn't really security but it highlighted something rather noteworthy about a spy round, and I experienced it first hand myself.

What do you if you get your hands on a spy PDA, where it is currently listing your targets? Now security are fully aware of who's who. How are we expected to react? Crack down on them? What if they're just bumbling away not really doing anything antagonistic? Many players follow the rule of thumb of not bothering to be purely antagonistic in the case of murder where they often feel like their targets will meet their demise at their own stupidity, in which case they are often correct.

In my current opinion is to have a long leash / heavy surveillance on spy behavior. While it's pretty much confirmed that X person is a spy, X person may not even have any spy tools, and it would be a case of catching them in the act, which conveniently sec can do by reading the drop off points.

However, it seems unfair that sec now are in on the action, as spy mode is actually quite hard, not only do you have to gather items in exchange for goodies instead of giving it to you right off the bat, other spies are out to kill you too.

Really spies should a secret message that if someone that isn't a spy holds their PDA comprising of:

"Your position has been compromised. Intelligence suggests that PDA "NAME" has been put in the hands of a Nanotrasen employee "NAME", "POSITION". We would recommend you to go incognito and act accordingly"

This way spies know if they're position is fucked and have opportunity to rectify it. They can do so by surveying drop off points, going incognito.

They also are now aware the first nonspy to touch the other spies PDA (but not necessarily the current person holding it!) meaning that if they see "Bob Hardhat, Security" they are aware that it's security that they're dealing with, not some SA. They'll also be aware if a spy is incarcerated. So there's a few options, but a priority for a spy(s) would be to murder the spy that's been captured, but also murder/capture the person who has the info leaking PDA.

I think the twist would be fairly easy to code, like I said it would just send a subtle message to spies stating the above, with the first nonspy who touched the PDA as reported and outing the captured spy if it wasn't already previously known. The twist would also be super cool and require everyone, both the spies, the captured spy and security to act smart.

Messages In This Thread
Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-22-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-22-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by Sov - 05-22-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-23-2017, 02:24 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by Sov - 05-26-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-26-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-27-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-28-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 05-28-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread - by mbc - 06-28-2017, 08:15 PM