Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Martian Mode
Quote:It's also on a class that is physically the weakest, yet has few options to actually slow/stun people so it can keep away from the hordes;
In theory, the martian mutant may be physically the weakest, but it's a great support troop. I dare say some of it's abilities on paper are overpowered. I'm not sure where you're coming from when you say it has little options to slow/stun, i've thought long and hard about combo's, scenarios to face, etc. 
Firstly it has Intense Stare. That's it's main weapon. That's a guaranteed stun if the player is foolish enough to stay in the same area of the martian. It's also a deterrent at players rushing it with melee. I dare say that the mutant 1v1 is invulnerable to melee based attacks. Even if it's 2v1, the mutant can up it by Intense Staring one player, then Psychotic Breaking another.
..And it has a slow based attack, Cerebral Combustion, which not only is an AOE slow based attack, but causes minor brain damage. ..And that's not including it's weaponry, which it can use light guns. It's also difficult to mob, due to it's warp ability. The one weakness of the mutant is actual projectile weaponry, 2 laser shots would near kill it. But it also has a spell shield ability which raises DR by 30%, so while temporary, still gives it 85 health to protect against those scenarios. 

Quote:No one's ever going to use it if it's that unsatisfying to click on. A single phaser shot does, what, 10 burn damage? Big whoop.
The arc does 10 damage, the direct shot would be greater. The mind arc isn't meant to be fantastic, it's meant as a suppression projectile, like used in conjunction with a weapon. Like fire a volley from the pulserifle, shoot a mindwave after, etc.

Do note that it's abilities are taking in mind of other martians that you are playing with. A martian on it's own is extremely vulnerable and that is intentional, but in a team of 3-5 are extremely dangerous. If you have a suggestion on any of the abilities, like mind arc, bear in mind the balancing for the entire team rather than the sole martian. I'm not even sure on paper if the abilities I came up with are even balanced

Messages In This Thread